Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w6kd

MD11 OSAppDetect Utility for FS9?

I note that the OSAppDetect utility for setting various MD-11 related Vista file permissions appears only designed for FSX installations...is an FS9 version of the utility forthcoming or needed?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bob, I don't think they have started mopping up operations yet. Rather than use the utility, I simply forced admin rights on both PMDG folders (FS9 FSX) and turned of UAC. Seems to work.'Been wanting to ask when you retired?I left USAF after Desert Storm in 1992, served enlisted and officer in ground communications. Finished as a Major, Chief of Logistics for 3dCombat Comm Gr at Tinker. Only flying was getting my private, commercial etc in Aero Clubs around the country.Good to meet you.

Bob, I don't think they have started mopping up operations yet. Rather than use the utility, I simply forced admin rights on both PMDG folders (FS9 FSX) and turned of UAC. Seems to work.'Been wanting to ask when you retired?I left USAF after Desert Storm in 1992, served enlisted and officer in ground communications. Finished as a Major, Chief of Logistics for 3dCombat Comm Gr at Tinker. Only flying was getting my private, commercial etc in Aero Clubs around the country.Good to meet you.
Hi Dan.So far no problems here either. In fact, after the update, the OSAppDetect doesn't work for the FSX version any more.Just retired in late 2008 after almost 27 years. Spent most of my time as a strategic airlift pilot...my last 3 flying jobs were flying gov't VIPs in AF Gulfstreams (C-20A/B/C/H, and C-37A). It sure beat working for a living. :( Spent some years as a loggy doggy as well...was a maintenance officer in an OMS & FMS earlier in my career. Nice to meet you too.CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO