Sign in to follow this  
LOWW

MD-11 v1.1: strange initial load

first of all: you made a great job once again for the MD-11 !!! thanks!now i realized two suspect things i never had with other PMDG models when i start the FS9 and pre-load a flight with the original MSFS Cessna in C&D:1) the front left door is open, why? is there a way to solve this behavior?2) the MD-11 initializes and tries to start the engines (all other models stay in C&D), why? is there a way to get it to C&D without post-loading the C&D panel-state?thanks for solutions________________

Quote from the Intro: The MD-11 is a vastly different airplane than any previous PMDGproduct, and we have compiled this documentation in order to provideyou with the best information to help you learn how to operate thisairplane effectivelyThe MD11 initialization sequence is required for the operation of the simulation. Do not use the a Cessna to create cold and dark; rather, create a cold and dark MD11 and save it. The work around is not required in this aircraft.Have fun learning.

Dan Downs KCRP

Quote from the Intro: The MD-11 is a vastly different airplane than any previous PMDGproduct, and we have compiled this documentation in order to provideyou with the best information to help you learn how to operate thisairplane effectivelyThe MD11 initialization sequence is required for the operation of the simulation. Do not use the a Cessna to create cold and dark; rather, create a cold and dark MD11 and save it. The work around is not required in this aircraft.Have fun learning.
ah, thank you Dan, i see!

1) the front left door is open, why? is there a way to solve this behavior?
How else would you be able to actually get into the plane?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

How else would you be able to actually get into the plane?
on the same way as in the PMDG747 and PMDG 737? :(

Guest abulaafia

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to get the MD-11 to always load C&D without loading the panel state file. I find that a bit of a nuisance too, especially because "Pause at TOD" doesn't work when a panel state file is loaded.

on the same way as in the PMDG747 and PMDG 737? :(
What I mean is that the 1L door is open on purpose. We have created the preset panel C&D state file with the door open for realism.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

What I mean is that the 1L door is open on purpose. We have created the preset panel C&D state file with the door open for realism.
but isn't it more realistic to have a shut door in this state? :( in realism1) a c&d plane has all doors shut and sealed2) if the crew changes after a flight it has open doors and is in the most cases in a powered statei think.

but isn't it more realistic to have a shut door in this state? :( in realism1) a c&d plane has all doors shut and sealed2) if the crew changes after a flight it has open doors and is in the most cases in a powered statei think.
PJ,We are assuming you (the pilot) is already inside the cockpit, so you must have got in from a door, right?

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

PJ,We are assuming you (the pilot) is already inside the cockpit, so you must have got in from a door, right?
right Michael!i think this dicussion is running away - it's another point of view and not fs-standard as all other planes handles this state - e.g. the other PMDG's. :)but now something complete different:i noticed that the the auto-tune feature of the VOR's ends up tuning the same station on both VOR's while another station can be received. why triggering both to same station/frequency?

The VOR behavior models the real aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP