Sign in to follow this  
me4246

IFly 747-400 FMC database

Hi all,I'm dusting off my IFly 747-400 and practicing FMC programming. I tried to insert some VORs in the route page but the CDU says they're not in the database. I would like to find the database folder, to see if I can update it or simply to check it.1) where is it?2) which AIRAC database can I use to update it? (I must have read somewhere it uses PMDG database, is it true? Is it the same format?Thanks for the helpFrancesco

Guest lgvpilot1

Ahh! The Ifly 747 That thing would make the pope swear , they were so close to something really special , but somewhere it did,nt quite happenHave a look on the Ifly forum , its pretty quiet but there are a few posts about the type of thing you are trying to achievehttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=293As far as the PMDG database is concerned ,I think it can and does use it , but surely it must have its own ?What would be the point in having the Ifly if you did not have the PMDG 747 or 737 for that matterAnyhow good luck with that 747 If you can get that thing across the Atlantic with no problems then you have my upmost respect :( Mark

Thanks Mark,I didn't notice there was a dedicated ForumI'll have a look there Francesco

Ahh! The Ifly 747 That thing would make the pope swear , they were so close to something really special , but somewhere it did,nt quite happenHave a look on the Ifly forum , its pretty quiet but there are a few posts about the type of thing you are trying to achievehttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=293As far as the PMDG database is concerned ,I think it can and does use it , but surely it must have its own ?What would be the point in having the Ifly if you did not have the PMDG 747 or 737 for that matterAnyhow good luck with that 747 If you can get that thing across the Atlantic with no problems then you have my upmost respect :( Mark

Just curious, What was the issue with it, having never tried, I just heard good things about it.Just curious that's all.Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You just responded to an eight year old thread dealing with a freeware aircraft that has nothing to do with what you posted.

DJ

On 6/9/2017 at 5:02 PM, ubersu said:

You just responded to an eight year old thread dealing with a freeware aircraft that has nothing to do with what you posted.

DJ

Agree.

Locking this topic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator