Sign in to follow this  
Guest smiler663

Problems with re-installing FS9

Guest smiler663

I have just uninstalled FS9 and reinstalled it as I believed it was needed after tampering with bits I didn't really understand. My problem is that all the old settings I used before have been remembered and I want rid of them to start completely from fresh and not mess around with stuff. I'm running Vista, 250 Gb HDD, 4GB RAM, AMD Athalon Dual Core 3800+ processor, 256ATI Radeon X1300 pro graphics card. It has run well on this system but i want rid of all my old files, if there is any help I would appreciate it.....

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but go to your old flight sim directory and delete anything if it is still there.Also there may be a "flight simulator folders" folder in your "my document" so try deleting that.Hope this helpsRichy

Correctly uninstall it, and then remove all leftover files. There are folders in your main /programs directory, as well as your documents/flight simulator files directory AND C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9It's best to use a registry cleaner as well, such as the free one called CCleaner.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest smiler663

cheers fellas, i'm going to try all of the above and see what happens...