Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunkers

Transfer addons to new PC?

I'm gonna buy a new PC soon. How do i transfer my payware addons over to it? Do I just copy the folders?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If its payware then most likely you will not be able to just copy them over. The addons will detect the new hardware and will not work. You will need all your registry keys, passwords etc. If you have Flight1 products this is all very easy to do. I just got this new machine and had to resintall all my Flight1 purchases. You can use their excellent automatic service to have all your details sent to you through email. Fir non F1 products I guess you will have to go through another process to authenticate them.

Yes, most definitely don't just try to copy the folders over manually or you'll spend the next 6 months in flightsim purgatory wondering why nothing works.My only other advise I can add is that you install your add-ons slowly.Install one, do a test flight, if all is okay, install another add-on, and so on.This way if something goes amiss, you can easily identify the conflicting add-on.Cheers,