Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExpressJetXE

ILS Approach

This may already been posted if so I'm sorry. But sometimes when I try to land and RC vectors me to the runway and when I get about 15 miles out and turn the APP on the aircraft is way off the glidescope. I watch on the map and its like maybe 10 miles off to the left. It does start pulling me down but im not lined up with the runway. Also I tried to land in SFO and RC gave me clearence to land but there was no runway there. I did the makerwy and the scenery in RC but that didnt help any. Any sugestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This may already been posted if so I'm sorry. But sometimes when I try to land and RC vectors me to the runway and when I get about 15 miles out and turn the APP on the aircraft is way off the glidescope. I watch on the map and its like maybe 10 miles off to the left. It does start pulling me down but im not lined up with the runway. Also I tried to land in SFO and RC gave me clearence to land but there was no runway there. I did the makerwy and the scenery in RC but that didnt help any. Any sugestions?
you can engage the APP when you that far out of alignment, at least not in my experience.if there is no runway there, then that sounds like a rc scenery database issue.what version of makerwys.exe is in the root of fs?are you clicking the rebuild rc scenery database button? you're not just executing the makerwys.exe app, and expecting rc to know the scenery data, are you?if you still have difficulties, make a .log, instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd

Beware of runways that have the same ILS frequency on each end. By default FS has the back course enabled on all runways. If you are that far out you could be locked on to the opposing ILS localizer. It only locks in correctly when you are within a couple of degrees of the extended center line. Check the ID of the localizer before you arm APP. If you are using an aircraft with an ND it will announce there or on your PFD. If there is no display then you'll need to identify by your NAV audio morse code which is printed on the plates.For an airport that has the same localizer/ILS frequency on both ends of the same runway, get AFCADv221 from the FS9 utility library here on AVSIM, open the airport in question, double click on the top layer if more than one AFCAD layer is shown, use the dropdown in the menu-bar to list navaids, double click a navaid to be changed. The localizer properties should show. Uncheck backcourse enable, and click OK. Now do the same for the locallizer at the other end. You can then save the airport file.

you can engage the APP when you that far out of alignment, at least not in my experience.if there is no runway there, then that sounds like a rc scenery database issue.what version of makerwys.exe is in the root of fs?are you clicking the rebuild rc scenery database button? you're not just executing the makerwys.exe app, and expecting rc to know the scenery data, are you?if you still have difficulties, make a .log, instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd
I am using version 4.2.9.0.Yes I did click the rebuild rc scenery and put the right path in there. Im sending you a file from KLFT to KIAH and I was cleared to Rwy 15L but I requested 15R. I have no approach plate for 15L.

I am using version 4.2.9.0.Yes I did click the rebuild rc scenery and put the right path in there. Im sending you a file from KLFT to KIAH and I was cleared to Rwy 15L but I requested 15R. I have no approach plate for 15L.
when did you request 15R?jd

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/K...minalproceduresshows 15R and 33R only have published approaches of those two parallels in the current procedure files. This indicates to me they are one-way runways for landing only. If one of the 15s is used for landing, the other is used for take-off. RC can recognize a one way runway but AI can not.Go into AFCAD (v2.21 from the current FS9 utilities folder here on AVSIM or if you have FSX get ADE - airport design editor) and remove the ILS from 15L and 33L if it is there. While you are in that airport remove if enabled on all ILS/localizer navaids any enabled backcourse properties. I see that the default KIAH uses the same frequency at both ends of the same runway which if backcourses are enabled can cause your aircraft to initiaklly lock onto the incorrect localizer/ILS until on the extended center line. After saving it run FS to reindex the scenery then close it. Rebuild the scenery database via RC and RC should then only offer preferred 15R and 33R.See what happens.I looked at the afcad data for an Ultimate Traffic 2007 add-on I have installed and the default which show a 15L ILS. That should be removed according to the current AIRAC.