Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

htfc

If it ain't bust don't fix it ?

Hi folks,Just spent a frustrating afternoon downloading and installing the latest driver [181.22] for my Nvidia card [ Ge Force 7600 GS].Try as I might, I couldn't get it to perform anywhere near as well as the original driver [93.71] - particularly when trying to tweak it with nhancer- so I re-installed the original.I understand you should use some free software to de-install a new driver, but I simply deleted the new driver file in C drive and this seems to have worked OK.Whilst I am no IT whizzkid, I'm not afraid of updating stuff if it is worth it.Can anyone tell me whether I should bother with the latest drivers if I'm happy with the current set-up?Cheers..Stuart :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi StuartA good source of information on how to install new Forceware can be found here. All forceware, including all previous versions, can be found on guru3d.comI am using the 181.22's without any problems whatsoever. I would not recommend that you go back all the way to 93.71's as these are horribly outdated. Try one or two previous WHQL's if the 181.22's do not work for you. 180.48 seemed to be pretty good for FSX.For specific nhancer set up instructions check this out (scroll down a few posts).There's a lot of reading above but the process itself is not complicated and best of all it works!Good luck.Konrad

Hi Konrad and thanks for the links, I'll let you know how I get on. :(