Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbarrydrc

Icing and Airspeed Indicator

I have started using ASA (beta installed) and I'm losing my air speed indicator on many flights causing the plane to overstress and crash FSX. I suspect it has to do with the pitot icing up. How can I just disable icing? I have FSUIPC4 installed. Maybe I can just make sure pitot heat is on, but I think I would rather just disable icing altogether. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have started using ASA (beta installed) and I'm losing my air speed indicator on many flights causing the plane to overstress and crash FSX. I suspect it has to do with the pitot icing up. How can I just disable icing? I have FSUIPC4 installed. Maybe I can just make sure pitot heat is on, but I think I would rather just disable icing altogether. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.Barry
In FSUIPC you can put off icing. Don't know though if you need the payware version for this.

I suspect some aircraft don't model pitot heat correctly or don't handle icing too well. I've had payware aircraft that would zero out until I disabled icing with FSUIPC in FS9. Interestingly enough, flying the MD-11 from PMDG, I haven't had this problem with icing on using ASA. I don't remember what aircraft had this problem or I'd try them again to see. I think the 737NG from PMDG did this a lot. Maybe when I get some time I'll try the 737 again and see.