Sign in to follow this  
usmc3073

Black Screens on startup rendering plane unusable

Hello,I have the PMDG 747-400X purchased through PMDG. I have been getting these black screens recently only in VC mode in the 2D mode I can see everything just fine. Am I doing something wrong? I read that I need to reload a different plane and then reload the pmdg, and this would solve the problem I have tried to do that but it hasn't worked so perhaps I am not doing the procedure correctly. I also read that this could be a validation issue which should not be an issue for me since I purchased the 747-400x legitimately from the PMDG website and have the order number and bank records to prove it.In order to fix this problem I initally did a complete uninstall of the pmdg and then reinstalled it didnt work. After that I reinstalled FSX then reinstalled my addons then PMDG and it didnt work. After that I reinstalled my operating system then all of my addons then the PMDG. it didnt work.I am at a loss...This problem has rendered my PMDG-747-400X completely useless which is unfortunate as I really did enjoy flying it in my sim.Thanks for any assistance,Guthrie Zuehlke

Rule out validation problme because you have displays in 2D; however, the VC view does have a definite problem. Note that the displays on the upper throttle panel are also blank, these blanks appear as if there is a video problem. Maybe pursue this approach, checking for current drivers.What kind of system are you loading this on?A couple of days ago I went to load the Queen and the sides and floors of the cockpit were missing and from exterior view there was no fuselage, just rows of seats under the blue sky! I deleted all saved panels and flights. Restarted FSX and all was okay and I still don't know what the problem was. Go figure....

Dan Downs KCRP