Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virgin_A340

Fuel planning tutorial MD11

Don't worry it's not another request for a planner or charts. I have read the many posts of fuel planning for the MD11 but I can't seem to get my head round exactly what to do with the planning via the FMC method. (Maybe I'm just having a bad day!)Can someone please do a mini tutorial of exactly what to do in the FMC to get the right fuel? I mean what data to put in and how to adjust it to get what you want.It would be very much appreciated.Andy S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Don't worry it's not another request for a planner or charts. I have read the many posts of fuel planning for the MD11 but I can't seem to get my head round exactly what to do with the planning via the FMC method. (Maybe I'm just having a bad day!)Can someone please do a mini tutorial of exactly what to do in the FMC to get the right fuel? I mean what data to put in and how to adjust it to get what you want.It would be very much appreciated.Andy S
You put in the amount of fuel that you think you need. If you have too little you just add more according to the fuel plan init page (look at the bottom left corner for a negative or positive # on the fuel plan init page.) If it is positive you have too much fuel or just the right amount and if you have a negative number you have too little fuel. Does that help?

Don't worry it's not another request for a planner
Nothing wrong with such a request IMHO, we desperately need one for the MD-11...there a re few available for the 744 afterall.