Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeffEvans

Flalshing hourglass cursor

For some reason recently when I load my Wilco Airbus Series I or II acft the mouse cursor begins to flash back and forth between the arrow and hourglass. This makes it extremely difficult to operate and after a while it even causes the sound to cut in and out. This only happens with the Wilco Airbus. I have reinstalled them and after one flight it happened again. Contacted Wilco and they say it's not their program. Have tried removing ActiveX and FlightInfo... no help.Any suggestions?Jeff EvenRocklin, CA, USA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For some reason recently when I load my Wilco Airbus Series I or II acft the mouse cursor begins to flash back and forth between the arrow and hourglass. This makes it extremely difficult to operate and after a while it even causes the sound to cut in and out. This only happens with the Wilco Airbus. I have reinstalled them and after one flight it happened again. Contacted Wilco and they say it's not their program. Have tried removing ActiveX and FlightInfo... no help.Any suggestions?Jeff EvenRocklin, CA, USA
Yes Jeff, I do have a suggestion. Open and then close the 2d panel windows one-by-one. In other words, Shift+1 twice, then Shift+2 twice, etc. I'll bet that you find one of the panels is causing your problem but I haven't figured out why it happens but I see it every now and then. Oh, BTW, I don't have the Wilco Airbus and I've never thought about what planes it occurs on. As I say, so far, opening and closing the panel windows has always fixed it so I don't worry about it.R-

Thanks for the suggestion, Ron. Tried it but it didn't work. Still flashing. That's the great thing about these forums... have a problem and eventually someone will come up with a solution. Again, thanks for the suggestion.Jeff

I had very often this problem on default 747 in FSX. I have noticed, that it appears when I swich from VC to 2D panel with GPS panel opened. The workaround is - turn off GPS when switching cockpit views

I saw that problem for the very first time a few days ago when i was actually trying to open a window from the views tab in FSX and it stayed flashing for my entire flight. It went away after that as mysteriously as it came, i don't know why i thought it may have been a problem w/ resources, maybe too many things were happening all at once? dunno!Regards

I had very often this problem on default 747 in FSX. I have noticed, that it appears when I swich from VC to 2D panel with GPS panel opened. The workaround is - turn off GPS when switching cockpit views
As I was writing my reply above, I was thinking that my problems were caused by the GPS window also. It seems that the GPS window (often Shift+3) can get caught in this "not fully closed" state. Again, each time that it has happened to me, just opening and closing the window a couple of times fixed it. R-