Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pod562

MD11 and go arounds

1. Is there a click spot in the 2D cockpit for the GA function (as with the 747)? I have allocated a key in any event but was just interested to know.2. When I activated a go around on a missed approach into EDDF, the autopilot automatically changed to heading select. In due course I changed back to nav mode, expecting the autopilot to follow missed appoach waypoints preprogramed into the FMC. But it didn't, instead choosing to fly to waypoints found earlier in the approach. So I used the 'direct to' function to redirect the plane to the missed approach waypoints. All a bit confusing. Yes I have read the manual but that is even more confusing.3. Any chance someone could give me a dummies guide to using the MD11 FMC in a missed appaoch?ThanksRenzo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2. You must ensure that the approach waypoints are sequenced after ATC starts vectoring you for the approach. That means you need to do the DIR INTC once you're on final.

1. No there isn't.3. I also admit to being an MD-11 GA dummy and would be grateful for any advice too.

The clickspot should be on the thrust lever for engine no. 2 (the white button).RegardsAlexander N.