Sign in to follow this  
Guest kbpilot5

CH PRO PEDALS

Technically, the wings should bank when turning with the rudder. It has to do with the wing on the outside of the turn going faster than the wing on the inside of the turn, thus the outside wing having greater lift than the inside. So my question would be, how much rudder do you have to kick in before it makes drastic yaw movement?
JohnHe means when taxying (if you read post #7). When airbourne of course there will be a lifting of the wing, the secondary effect of yaw is roll & visa versa, and it's quite pronounced, even in an airliner :)

Guest kbpilot5

Okay well I gave up on the FSUIPC setup because that was extremely difficult and confusing. And yes auto rudder is turned off. I just want to figure out how to fix this without having to do all that saying that it should work with default install anyway. Thanks for all of your help guys.Kevin

Okay well I gave up on the FSUIPC setup because that was extremely difficult and confusing. And yes auto rudder is turned off. I just want to figure out how to fix this without having to do all that saying that it should work with default install anyway. Thanks for all of your help guys.Kevin
Kevin,Why did you give up? It really is very easy to set it up in FSUIPC. In fact I only use FSUIPC to assign axis and buttons & key assignments for all my aircraft (except for MCP assignments for the PMDG 737). And if any aircraft has multiple paints, one only has to program one livery and then make a small adjustment in the FSUIPC.INI file and all the other paints will respond to your original assignments without having to reprogram each livery. If you want some help, PM me and I'll be more than happy to steer you in the right direction.Jim D.

JohnHe means when taxying (if you read post #7). When airbourne of course there will be a lifting of the wing, the secondary effect of yaw is roll & visa versa, and it's quite pronounced, even in an airliner :)
I must have lost that part in the screen flood.Yeah. There should be minimal lean on the ground unless you're making a hard turn. I do know Mikko's Maule, and Aerosoft's Beaver and Piper on the tundra tire are rather wobbly. Otherwise, normal aircraft should tip to the outside of the turn and just come back to level as you straighten back out.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest kbpilot5
I must have lost that part in the screen flood.Yeah. There should be minimal lean on the ground unless you're making a hard turn. I do know Mikko's Maule, and Aerosoft's Beaver and Piper on the tundra tire are rather wobbly. Otherwise, normal aircraft should tip to the outside of the turn and just come back to level as you straighten back out.
Yeah, every plane in mine does that and I just reinstalled FS9 because I couldn't figure out FSUIPC. Now I will try it again. But my yoke works fine and I don't wanna disable it. I wish it would just work. The strangest part about this all is that in FSX my pedals work absolutely fine.....no problems what so ever. I really don't understand. I like FS9 because so many addons though. Also in FSUIPC I tried setting the sensitivity and it made it worse so I stopped that. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I see you're in Greensboro. I'm in Durham and am going to try using my registered copy of FSUIPC to calibrate my Saitek AV8R stick. Did you ever get FSUIPC to do what you wanted?My rudder control is flakey with this stick and now when I start my takeoff roll the C172 drifts off to the left and into the weeds. Guess I'll try tweaking the registry, as the Saitek support guy seems to tell everybody. Then I'll try FSUIPC. Don't know if I have to turn off all assignments set up in Saitek's software as well as in FS9, but maybe I'll find out. I've been thinking about replacing my hardware with CH yoke and pedals. I'm disappointed with the way Saitek's support has dealt with other customers who had problems with Saitek hardware; otherwise I might buy Saitek's yoke and pedals. MH

Yeah, every plane in mine does that and I just reinstalled FS9 because I couldn't figure out FSUIPC. Now I will try it again. But my yoke works fine and I don't wanna disable it. I wish it would just work. The strangest part about this all is that in FSX my pedals work absolutely fine.....no problems what so ever. I really don't understand. I like FS9 because so many addons though. Also in FSUIPC I tried setting the sensitivity and it made it worse so I stopped that. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Hi Kevin and everyone.Post all your information, Controllers, OS, Aircraft etc. for better help.Make sure you have only one axis assigned to your Rudder control. By that it's implied that you may have a Twist in your other controller. If that is not the case make sure FSUIPC and CH manager is disabled, and go in your FS9 Menu and Increase your Null Zone to about 80 % and Decrease your sensitivity to about 20%. You can try later to change these settings to your liking but for now try that. After you do that, restart FS9, and Calibrate your Controllers within FS9. Report back for more help. TV

I see you're in Greensboro. I'm in Durham and am going to try using my registered copy of FSUIPC to calibrate my Saitek AV8R stick. Did you ever get FSUIPC to do what you wanted?My rudder control is flakey with this stick and now when I start my takeoff roll the C172 drifts off to the left and into the weeds. Guess I'll try tweaking the registry, as the Saitek support guy seems to tell everybody. Then I'll try FSUIPC. Don't know if I have to turn off all assignments set up in Saitek's software as well as in FS9, but maybe I'll find out. I've been thinking about replacing my hardware with CH yoke and pedals. I'm disappointed with the way Saitek's support has dealt with other customers who had problems with Saitek hardware; otherwise I might buy Saitek's yoke and pedals. MH
I did just the opposite and now use the Saitek Pro-Flight yoke, 2 TQ's by Saitek and I still have my original CH TQ connected. Of course my old CH yoke was the Virtual Pilot Pro with the game port connector. It worked great but I like the feel and looks of the Saitek yoke and the cost for the Saiteks was less . Also the CH TQ is getting a little sloppy at the detents which I don't envision happening with the Saiteks. We'll see though. I need to send the CH in for repair. All controls are through FSUIPC and no problems.Jim D.

I'll resume this exchange in the controller forum as suggested by moderator. However, what do you mean by 2 TQ's by Saitek? Not familiar with the term TQ.

I did just the opposite and now use the Saitek Pro-Flight yoke, 2 TQ's by Saitek and I still have my original CH TQ connected. Of course my old CH yoke was the Virtual Pilot Pro with the game port connector. It worked great but I like the feel and looks of the Saitek yoke and the cost for the Saiteks was less . Also the CH TQ is getting a little sloppy at the detents which I don't envision happening with the Saiteks. We'll see though. I need to send the CH in for repair. All controls are through FSUIPC and no problems.Jim D.

Guest ironhorsmn

Hope this helps:Try downloading this file here at avsim.fsuipc-guide-v1.zipVery simple and easy to follow tutorial on calibrating Joysticks with fsuipc.If using the Microsoft FS Menue to Set up the Joystick (rudder pedal). Increase the Null Zone a little at a time. See if this helps.Increasing the null zone will give some free play between center and the point at which the pedals take effect. Decrease the sensitivity a little at a time. If you use the fsuipc method to calibrate your joysticks, be sure to disable the joysticks in the microsoft menue.Food for thoughtJohn

I'll resume this exchange in the controller forum as suggested by moderator. However, what do you mean by 2 TQ's by Saitek? Not familiar with the term TQ.
2 TQ's refers to 2 separate throttle quadrant controllers by Saitek so that I have 6 axes levers instead of three. The CH is built with 6 axes levers while the Saitek is built with only three. But two Saitek controllers cost less than the CH model especially if you purchase them with Saitek's offer of a combo of yoke and 3 levered throttle quadrant that connects directly into a port built into the yoke. I already owned a TQ by Saitek and the yoke comes with ports for additional controllers (by Saitek) and my original TQ and the one that came with the yoke are each connected to one of the ports. Since I also own the Saitek pedals I could connect that through the yoke as well, but decided to keep the pedals connected to the computer.I hope that this clears up any confusion.Jim D.

Thanks for the patient response. My followup questions are: Typically, what are the 3 axes on the Saitek TQ controller used for? Multiple throttles? Flaps? Gear? And then... what do you personally use the 6 axes for? MH

2 TQ's refers to 2 separate throttle quadrant controllers by Saitek so that I have 6 axes levers instead of three. The CH is built with 6 axes levers while the Saitek is built with only three. But two Saitek controllers cost less than the CH model especially if you purchase them with Saitek's offer of a combo of yoke and 3 levered throttle quadrant that connects directly into a port built into the yoke. I already owned a TQ by Saitek and the yoke comes with ports for additional controllers (by Saitek) and my original TQ and the one that came with the yoke are each connected to one of the ports. Since I also own the Saitek pedals I could connect that through the yoke as well, but decided to keep the pedals connected to the computer.I hope that this clears up any confusion.Jim D.

Thanks for the patient response. My followup questions are: Typically, what are the 3 axes on the Saitek TQ controller used for? Multiple throttles? Flaps? Gear? And then... what do you personally use the 6 axes for? MH
The axis assignments are used differently depending on the aircraft being flown. This is made possible by using FSUIPC which I think you are now familiar with. One setup (Saitek TQ's) is placed on the right side of the yoke for those aircraft where the engine controls are on the right and the other (CH TQ) on the left for the same reason.For example; Jet aircraft like PMDG's 737 I have the first lever set for Spoilers, third and 4th levers for the throttles or thrust and the 6th lever operate the flaps. The 2nd and 5th are not assigned to any function. Buttons are assigned to various functions on both controllers as this gives me 24 buttons to use, e.g. landing gear, landing lights, various popup panels, etc. For mutiple engine prop planes like the DC3, first two levers are for the prop pitch, next two for the throttles and last two for mixture controls, one lever for each engine control.For single engine aircraft that have the controls on the left in the real aircraft, warbirds like the Spitfire, P51 Mustang or Section F8's F86 Sabre, a lever is assigned to each of the following, mixture, prop and throttle. This applies also if the controls in the real aircraft are on the right. Usually axes are assigned only on the left or the right, not on both controllers at the same time. Now if I find a aircraft where engine controls are located on the left and the flaps on the opposite side, I can do that.I try to duplicate the real aircraft where possible in control location and function and that's the beauty of FSUIPC. The B25 uses the first two levers for the throttles and the second two for prop pitch which is a little different from the DC3. So by using the Aircraft Specfic checkbox, when I load a plane I haven't flown for a while, a quick review of the assignments in FSUIPC reminds me of the locations of all button and axis assignments for that aircraft and I'm on my way.If you have only the three levers, one lever can service two or more engines. Applies to the prop pitch and mixture controls as well.I hope this helps out even more so and if I can be of further help, you can ask here or in the controllers forum or PM me directly.Jim D.