Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevinc5

Any Captain Sim B727 FSX Reports?

Captain Sim's B727 for FSX seemed pretty underwhelming to me when it was announced...has anyone tried it out?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Captain Sim's B727 for FSX seemed pretty underwhelming to me when it was announced...has anyone tried it out?
I got it a few weeks ago. There were bugs with some instruments not working and the engines being way too powerfull. However, they just released a patched version which fixes some, if not all of those issues. However, it still uses the default 737 sounds. The interior looks great. The outside looks the same as their last 727 release except now, it supports bump mapping and self shadows. Ive alway been a fan of the 727, so I felt I had to get it, but to be honest, if feels kind of incomplete without custom sounds. Ill try to post some shots of it in the next week.Rob

Pretty gutsy buying from Captain Sim these days. I'd advise anyone thinking of buying anything from them to visit the unofficial Capatain Sim Forum here at Avsim first. Some real horror stories there.Cheers, SLuggy

Pretty gutsy buying from Captain Sim these days. I'd advise anyone thinking of buying anything from them to visit the unofficial Capatain Sim Forum here at Avsim first. Some real horror stories there.Cheers, SLuggy
Gonna be Private Sim soon at the rate they are going.