Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray P

Can Stairs be added to a B737?

Guest Ray P

Hello AllI wanted to know if it was posible to add a set of airport stairs that would appear with a key imput? I fly the default B737 and as I explore the world most airports don't have jetways...I have not found any FSX aircraft with airstairs so I thought this might be a idea. I am talking about the stairs that ramp agents would push up to the aircraft.Any thoughts or help will be greatly receivedThanksRay ProctorPacific Southwest Airlines1978-1988

What you're proposing to do is tougher than it may seem.I assume you're fairly knew to FS/FS Community, so you don't know much about what's out there.http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads-index.phpAbove is the answer to your current question and almost any other questions you'll have for quite some time.Hope I've helped.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

What you're proposing to do is tougher than it may seem.I assume you're fairly knew to FS/FS Community, so you don't know much about what's out there.http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads-index.phpAbove is the answer to your current question and almost any other questions you'll have for quite some time.Hope I've helped.
That link answers no questions!

I wanted to know if it was posible to add a set of airport stairs that would appear with a key imput? I fly the default B737 and as I explore the world most airports don't have jetways...I have not found any FSX aircraft with airstairs so I thought this might be a idea. I am talking about the stairs that ramp agents would push up to the aircraft.
The short answer is no, it is not possible. As always is the case with such questions, there are some exceptions to this general "no," but any possible solution would require several conditions to be true simultaneously: FSX installed, experience with coding/implementing a SimConnect module, and advanced 3d modeling and texturing skills.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Ray P
The short answer is no, it is not possible. As always is the case with such questions, there are some exceptions to this general "no," but any possible solution would require several conditions to be true simultaneously: FSX installed, experience with coding/implementing a SimConnect module, and advanced 3d modeling and texturing skills.
Sir:Thank you for your kind reply and information..I will wait and hope a FSX B737 is developed with stairs...Ray P

The link I posted is for Project Open Sky they develop aircraft for FS9 and I believe their models are for FSX too.Their 737-800 have air-stairs, their models are awesome, they're dynamics are awesome - at least last time I flew their 737's I fly their 67's and 47's.Hope that helps.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png