Sign in to follow this  
nandrews

Video corruption after an hour or so

Wow thanks for thisDo you have a tool for setting the fan speed?EDIT : ok Rivatunner will do the job for the fanUnclear why do you change your dram voltage ? a dram issue would hang or bsod the whole system isn't it ?
Hi!You're assuming I know what I'm doing. LOL I'm just throwing darts at the darn thing. I applied some of the fixes that others stated had worked for them. I'm honestly not sure which one or if all of them are needed for ME. I do know if I forget to up the fan speed I will get the crash frequently. I use the EVGA 'Precision' gizmo for fan speed and GPU clock numbers. (EVGA 8800GTS).Bob..

You're assuming I know what I'm doing. LOL
LoL yeah, but you put me and jaybird on the right path to successful flight :)Now I just need to find couple of hours to make a test flight ;)

ok tested with all mentioned above and i still manage to get black display in the fsx window after a 20 minutes.... just being at the gate starting various parts of the plane and few alt-tabs :(physx disabled, vdram forced to 1.9v, fan speed at his best

Unclear why do you change your dram voltage ? a dram issue would hang or bsod the whole system isn't it ?
Nooon,No, that is not correct. If the voltage on your DRAM is not high enough, it can result in some bad data (intermittent if you will) being sent to the rest of the system. This does not necessarily mean your computer will crash....I can pretty much guarantee you that if you send send bad data to your video card you will have issues. So, raising the DRAM voltage and the problem disappearing is completely logical in this situation.Garbage In = Garbage OutAlso try running FSX without without ALT-Tabbing. ALT-Tabbing has been known for quite sometime to cause FSX to crash on a multitude of machines.

Sarge,I gave the driver re-install procedure a shot. I followed your method to uninstall, safe mode, driver cleaner pro, reboot, installed latest nVidia drive (182.08), reboot. All went ok. I also set back ALL memory timings to the slowest available, in my case it was DDR3-1059 for speed, and 9-10-10-25-2T on the timings. I did not run nHancer at all, and I deleted my CFG and let FSX rebuild. Ran my usual test flight using the PMDG MD-11. FSX ran great.... butThe same problem happened. (where's that smiley with the gun to it's head???)Jay
Jay,There are many opinion and honest advise but no cure to the problems. I am suffering this type problems with PMDG models any some times with LDS-767X. Dell replaced two times Graphic cards, and exchanged entire PC two times also..I upgraded to Vista 64. No solution. Only solution I found was I select the FSX DX;10 review and no more OOM/GRaphic cards/scneries and screen changes problems. I realized Vista 64 is in DX:10 mode. my graphic crad Nvdia GTX280 DX;10. I flew 140 hours with PMDX-MD11X, 747-X and LDS-767x in DX:10 mode. NO single problems,but as soon as I switched to DX:9, problems starts all over again.I post DX:10 results in some key forums. It didn't get much response. I wish some FSX , Vista or Graphic Cards developer/ experts can see these clues and put their attention to FSX DX;10 review.There are some area needs to improve with DX;10, but these are minor problems comparison, what I am getting with DX:9.Pictures says the thousand words. Please see my DX;9 mode results.RegardsSanal :(

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Jay,There are many opinion and honest advise but no cure to the problems. I am suffering this type problems with PMDG models any some times with LDS-767X. Dell replaced two times Graphic cards, and exchanged entire PC two times also..I upgraded to Vista 64. No solution. Only solution I found was I select the FSX DX;10 review and no more OOM/GRaphic cards/scneries and screen changes problems. I realized Vista 64 is in DX:10 mode. my graphic crad Nvdia GTX280 DX;10. I flew 140 hours with PMDX-MD11X, 747-X and LDS-767x in DX:10 mode. NO single problems,but as soon as I switched to DX:9, problems starts all over again.I post DX:10 results in some key forums. It didn't get much response. I wish some FSX , Vista or Graphic Cards developer/ experts can see these clues and put their attention to FSX DX;10 review.There are some area needs to improve with DX;10, but these are minor problems comparison, what I am getting with DX:9.Pictures says the thousand words. Please see my DX;9 mode results.RegardsSanal :(
Sanal,You are completely correct in your results with DX9. I experience the exact same situation. After many attempts at achieving some success, any success at all, I have not yet been able to complete a flight, land, and then go to instant replay without the horrible graphics corruption I've described happening. Yes, if I don't try to use instant replay, or any ALT-Menu selection for that matter, then I may be able to finish a flight. But, something *IS* wrong. Unfortunately, my nature is such that I refuse to give up, and with the help of my tenacious fellow avsimmers I'm still hopeful... :( Oh, and you also just as correct in your observation regarding DX10. The problem definitely DOES NOT happen while in DX10 preview mode, but as you know there are so many 'undocumented features' it makes it unacceptable to me.You say that you upgraded to Vista 64. What OS were you using previously? The reason I ask is that apparantly, some people have solved the issue by using XP64. If that's true, then it points to a Vista/DX9 driver issue. Then again, there are many people using the same OS as me, similar hardware as me, and NOT having this problem.Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Sanal,You are completely correct in your results with DX9. I experience the exact same situation. After many attempts at achieving some success, any success at all, I have not yet been able to complete a flight, land, and then go to instant replay without the horrible graphics corruption I've described happening. Yes, if I don't try to use instant replay, or any ALT-Menu selection for that matter, then I may be able to finish a flight. But, something *IS* wrong. Unfortunately, my nature is such that I refuse to give up, and with the help of my tenacious fellow avsimmers I'm still hopeful... :( Oh, and you also just as correct in your observation regarding DX10. The problem definitely DOES NOT happen while in DX10 preview mode, but as you know there are so many 'undocumented features' it makes it unacceptable to me.You say that you upgraded to Vista 64. What OS were you using previously? The reason I ask is that apparantly, some people have solved the issue by using XP64. If that's true, then it points to a Vista/DX9 driver issue. Then again, there are many people using the same OS as me, similar hardware as me, and NOT having this problem.Jay
Jay,I did have Vista 32.. Many post member suggested I should upgraded to Vista 64. Now,I have Dell XPS 6301 Vista 64 Q9550 , Nvidia GTX280. No luck same problems continued as before, till I selected DX:10.Vista 64 didn't solved my problems. IT is mysterious, I am stuck.....Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"