Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bpcw001

FSX/UTX VOR problems

Hi,I'm running FSX+Accel and Ultimate Terrain Europe.Trying to use certain VORs given on real-world charts, I'm experiencing difficulties because they're not there.For example, Stuttgart VOR (STG, Germany, 116.85) is not available.Is there a possibility to define missing VORs? Maybe some config file?Thanks for hints

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The FSX database is really old, I believe from 2005-2006.A current real world navaid may not be available in FSX. If it's a approach or something you should be able to add it with ADEhttp://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/Downloads.html
I ran into the same problem with a ILS at a GA airport in the Atlanta area. When they added 10/28 to ATL, they "borrowed" the ILS frequency from the GA airport, and thus the frequency on the approach plate didn't agree with what was in FSX's database. I made the change in ADE and now all is good.In order to add/edit a navaid like a VOR in ADE, it would probably have to be on or in close proximity to the field.

You can get an overlay for google earth showing all FSX's nav aids, if it helps.....