Sign in to follow this  
gator319

Invisible AI

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust
My AI program is by Just Flight and is called Traffic X (photo of manual 1st page below). Are they the same? They have similar names. From every thing I've read, all the AI are designed specifically for FSX.....no FS9 models/textures. Did they lie? I know it's hard to fathom. Should I delete Traffic X and acquire some other AI program?
I wouldn't doubt that they are the same. Just flight releases many products under their title that were developed by someone else, such as the Captain Sim 757 and a couple others. I don't know exactly how that works but I am sure the two products are the same. The screen shots you posted looked very similar. I noticed it for the first time when I tried to create an in game random failure. I am not sure what causes it I just knew it has somehow related to this product. I will look into it today when I get done with work here and let you know if I come up with anything.

No - MyTrafficX and TrafficX are two different programs.Just one point about the pictures posted above - the 'glitch' you see with the Flight1 ATR behind the prop blades is well known, and its because it's an FS9 aircraft ported to FSX. Just wanted to let you know so you can eliminate that as being a problem with your specific computer, everyone with the ATR in FSX sees that issue.To me it looks like you either have one of two things -1) A seriously bad case of OOM (Out of Memory) problems, in which case try turning some of your sliders down a few notches2) Some serious corruption of your FSX install which might necessiate at least a repair install using the FSX DVD, or maybe a re-installation from scratch.

No - MyTrafficX and TrafficX are two different programs.Just one point about the pictures posted above - the 'glitch' you see with the Flight1 ATR behind the prop blades is well known, and its because it's an FS9 aircraft ported to FSX. Just wanted to let you know so you can eliminate that as being a problem with your specific computer, everyone with the ATR in FSX sees that issue.To me it looks like you either have one of two things -1) A seriously bad case of OOM (Out of Memory) problems, in which case try turning some of your sliders down a few notches2) Some serious corruption of your FSX install which might necessiate at least a repair install using the FSX DVD, or maybe a re-installation from scratch.
Really. OOM with an i7, 8g RAM, and the Nvidia GTX280. I suppose it can happen. Haven't played with those buffer pools before. I've done a from scratch re-install following Nicks post to the letter. Suppose I could try a repair install. Thanks for the info regarding the ATR props. I can check that one off.

Really. OOM with an i7, 8g RAM, and the Nvidia GTX280. I suppose it can happen. Haven't played with those buffer pools before. I've done a from scratch re-install following Nicks post to the letter. Suppose I could try a repair install. Thanks for the info regarding the ATR props. I can check that one off.
Please read this post!:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1553334

gman!, thanks for the tip. Alright. This may be nothing, but I set up a flight at KSEA near dusk. I let time pass naturally and after dark all AI were still visible. Flew around a bit in the default Jet Ranger staying near the airport trying to task the system. No issues. Only flew around for about 30 minutes. I didn't change a thing. Wanted to see if I could duplicate the problem. Even tried the alt + enter switch several times with no issues. This is so frustrating. I'll try it again with a more complex aircraft like the Level-D 767. Funny thing, I even had other processes running in the background. I remember going through this with FS9; however, I had a much weaker system then and it didn't take near as long to get FS9 running decent.....well tolerable.