Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaxThrust

My 7600GT died on me..

Hi everybody, I need your advice on a replacement for my 7600GT (PCI-E).I'm not upgrading to FSX any time soon and since the FS9 is the only "game" I play, I don't really need a DX10 card. So basically I'm looking for an inexpensive replacement card for my 7600GT.The problem is, the 7600GT was/is a real winner, and it seems that there isn't a really cheap alternative for it.I'm not looking for the cheapest card, but I don't want to blow more than $100 to a "dead investment" either.I've seen 512MB 9500XT's going for $60, but I'm not sure about the performance that I'll get. I'm not sure about the ATI equivalents but a I'm ok with ATI too.Any advice is welcome!Thanks.Bozhan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi everybody, I need your advice on a replacement for my 7600GT (PCI-E).I'm not upgrading to FSX any time soon and since the FS9 is the only "game" I play, I don't really need a DX10 card. So basically I'm looking for an inexpensive replacement card for my 7600GT.The problem is, the 7600GT was/is a real winner, and it seems that there isn't a really cheap alternative for it.I'm not looking for the cheapest card, but I don't want to blow more than $100 to a "dead investment" either.I've seen 512MB 9500XT's going for $60, but I'm not sure about the performance that I'll get. I'm not sure about the ATI equivalents but a I'm ok with ATI too.Any advice is welcome!Thanks.Bozhan
You should be able to get a 9600GT for about $100.Really nice card and does not use too much power.Example... Asus card (you can go cheaper, but I like Asus quality)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814121229Edit:Just noticed you're in Canada... in that case check www.ncix.com for best deals.Something like: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=11111744...anufacture=Evga

For FS9 I'd recommend a Radeon HD 4830 which you can find at Newegg Canada for only just over $100. Far more processing power than a 9600 GT (which I would recommend for FSX over the 4830).