Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maca11

virtual memory set-up in FS9

Hello everybodyI have a PC withIntel Core 2 Duo T7700,2,46GHz1280 Nvidia 8600MGT video card4GB DDR2250 GB HDDI am using quite demanding models like PMDG in EGHLL airports, so the frame rate is quite low.I am trying to play with setting-up the virtual cash memory (set-up in Vista).It has some impact but I cannot figure out what is the best set-up. If it is too high (3000 MB) than it is quite stable but lower. If it is around only 200 MB than frame rates goes up but then usually stacked.Any experience with ideal set-up ?many thanksJM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It seems to me that in years past, changing virtual memory seemed to help, somewhat. With todays more powerful computers, however, feels like it is best to let windows control that. I know many won't believe that, but I have seen no benefit from trying to control virtual memory.Bob

It seems to me that in years past, changing virtual memory seemed to help, somewhat. With todays more powerful computers, however, feels like it is best to let windows control that. I know many won't believe that, but I have seen no benefit from trying to control virtual memory.Bob
Yes.you maght be right. I only do not know how to improve so trying anything what can help...However, it looks to me that lower level of virtual memory is slightly better, but....JM

Your problem is the graphics card is simply too weak for the workload you are placing upon it. This is typical of all but the most powerful laptops. The solution is to either turn down scenery complexity settings or get a new laptop, since yours is likely not upgradeable.