Sign in to follow this  
RWG

ATC "Airline Call Sign" Choice in FS9

I have a question and need some help.I would like the Air Traffic Controllers in FS9 (2004) to address me as one of the names of a PMDG 747-400 repaint livery that I have installed when I am flying and they do not. The following are the setting I have set in FS9, try to follow these choices:After starting FS9 and at the "CREATE A FLIGHT" screen click "CHANGE" on the "Select Aircraft" tab and then click on the "Aircraft Manufacturer" drop down box and select "Boeing-PMDG" then click on the "Aircraft Model" drop down box and select "747-400 P&W PW4062 Engines" then click on the "Variation" drop down box and I select my repaint livery name -- now in the box named "ATC Name" click the "Change" button -- in the "Airline Call Sign" drop down box I have selected the pmdg repaint livery name -- in the "flight Number" field box I have put 747, and in the "Tail Number" field box I have put the PMDG repaint liveries N number, also I have checked both box's for "Append Heavy to call sign" and "Show Tail Number"ATC does not call me by my pmdg repaint livery name choice like they should, they just say "747 Heavy" but if I go back to the "Airline Call Sign" drop down box and select say "ORBIT" or any other as an example, then ATC call's me "ORBIT 747 Heavy" or what ever -- well, that's my question, any idea why it will not work the way I would like? Could I have somthing wrong in the Aircraft CFG File?ThanksBob

Hello Bob,You might want to ask the general FS9/FSX forum about that one.However, my first thought is that you would need to update the ATC voice database with the Callsign you want.How you'd do that, I'm not sure off hand.I think that, by default, the ATC callsign list is limited to the stock airlines that ship with FS9/FSX.Cheers,