Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

GPS_FLAGS #defines

I wonder why ACES never put any #define(s) for the GPS_FLAGS variable in the gauges.h file?

// defines for GPS_FLAGS#define GPS_FLAG_ACTIVE_FLIGHT_PLAN		BIT1	//bit1 = 0x0002 1 = there is an active flight plan#define GPS_FLAG_ACTIVE_WAY_POINT		  BIT2	//bit2 = 0x0004 1 = there is an active way point#define GPS_FLAG_ARRIVED				   BIT3	//bit3 = 0x0008 1 = last waypoint reached#define GPS_FLAG_DIRECTTO_FLIGHTPLAN	   BIT5	//bit5 = 0x0020 1 = manual direct to flight plan active

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Because no interface to the GPS was ever supposed to be available for a C/C++ gauge. All the code in the gauges.h file that provides said access was left in by accident.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi BillIf you have built a set of defines and if you're amenable, I'd like a copy of them to add into the next version of sd2gau. OTOH I could stop being lazy and do it myself... :)-Dai

Hi BillIf you have built a set of defines and if you're amenable, I'd like a copy of them to add into the next version of sd2gau. OTOH I could stop being lazy and do it myself... :)-Dai
Um, isn't that what I just posted in the opening post? I based that off of the #define(s) for the vor.code flag #define(s) already in the default gauges.h file.

Fr. Bill    

Now, why did I have a feeling you were going to say just that? :( I had wondered if you were aware of any others. In truth, I've had those four flags set as part of a function for years - I can't remember if it's in sd2gau but if not, it will be in the next version. It's almost identical to the VOR flags function that I included in fs_functions.h in the last (but one?) version of sd2gau.-Dai

It is not in the current sd27gau, but when I posted those #define(s) at flightsim.com in my Panel & Gauges forum, I suggested that the OP consult your document to see how you constructed a "decoder" for VOR.CODE... ;)

Fr. Bill    

So, I got curious and threw up a quick'n'dirty piece of gauge code to check the rest of the bits on the gpsflags gauge token (I assumed a single byte - I could be completely wrong again). I found that two of the unknowns (bit 4 and bit 6) responded when I loaded a simple flightplan. Bit 4 cycled between zero and one at about 500ms intervals and bit 6 held a steady one. Now, I know the best part of next-to-nothing about the GPS stuff in FS - I can't even get the Garmin 500 to switch on! - so I wondered if anyone could throw any light on the activity of these two bits and also any possible activity on bits 7 and 8 as well?-Dai