Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TheCosmicFrog

ATC in Headset, Aircraft in Speakers?

Hi guys,I find it annoying when I can't hear ATC over the sound of my engines. How can I get the engines to come out of my main speakers and ATC to come solely out my headset? Once I get over the hurdle of how to run both simultaneously, then how do I get each program to correspond to each output?Thanks for any help offered!Aaron.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would love to know if it's possible, as its hard to hear ATC with engine noise in headset as well.Paul

I use two sound cards. FS through one and VATSIM ATC through the other. Works like a charm.Jim Harnes

As Jim says, two sound cards. If you can't cram a second sound card into your PC (or would just rather not), a USB headset is a great and easy alternative. Just be sure to configure SB or FSInn to direct your vox traffic to the second sound card / headset.

the best solution is to use two sound devices as reply in above. The most of mainboards has own sounddevices onboard. You need a additional sound card (you don't need to buy expensive one!). SB3/FSinn gives you chance to select soundcard for speaking(record) and listening(speakers).You can select them seperatly.But don't forget; onboard sound devices may effect on your computer's speed. So many computer guru says "do not use onboard devices for getting best performance of your hardware". I don't know it is true or not or how would be effect on speed, nanoseconds or any value? :) I'm using a sound card with onboard devices. Microphone connected on sound card, all speakers connected on onboard. As your wish, if you want to use advanced soundcard, I advise connect computer sounds to it, and use onbaord devices to speaking/listening ATC. (my sound card comes past century!! onboard chip newest than card:) )I didin't use USB sound devices before, so I don't have any idea.