Sign in to follow this  
fsx_missionguy

Searching for Cessna 172SP

Searching for an add-on upgrade to the Cessna 172 - preferably an SP variant - with functional Garmin 1000 avionics.Is there one out there?

To replace the default 172SP with Garmin G1000 panels? Nope, haven't seen one.

To replace the default 172SP with Garmin G1000 panels? Nope, haven't seen one.
Yea, although it's very good ... I was hoping there would be a better one out there somewhere. After being unable to find one, thought I'd post the question here.Guess there's not one.Maybe Caranedo will make one soon. Hint, hint! :(

I haven't seen any aircraft of any kind with a good representation of the G1000 for FSX yet. I can imagine RealityXP coming out with something like that - now THAT would be neat.

I haven't seen any aircraft of any kind with a good representation of the G1000 for FSX yet.
Have you had a look at the Flight1 Cessna Mustang?

Bert

Have you had a look at the Flight1 Cessna Mustang?
Ditto....

Guest KevanC

The Citation Mustang is a far cry from the 172!! Looks like a nice plane, though.

Might wanna try the Mindstar G1000. It's the most complete G1000 simulation to date for FSX and FS2004. I've seen people running it on Vista and Vista x64 without problems. Only thing is people say there is only a configuration for Cessnas, but if you don't mind tweaking and messing with panels, go for it!http://www.mindstarprods.com/aviation/index.htmlThe default G1000 is not bad at all either. Compared to don't wanna say it...... X-Plane :(. X-Plane's g1000 is a joke and looks nothing like the real thing. FSX' g1000 actually simulates pretty well, but is missing some features such as getting airport diagrams from the plane, flight plans not able to be entered from the FMS, etc., but the basics and many extras are there to get airport frequencies, runway info, frequencies, ILS frequencies, and it looks VERY much like the real world counterpart, except for the fonts and airspace boundaries on the map. But again, the Mindstar will do a better job than the default, just needs some tweaking! You'll be able to enter flight plans using the FMS and all that good stuff :(.Look at this, not saying X-Plane is bad, but wow! He could have at least gotten the colors right!: