Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

G/A procedure MD-11 CAT I

Can anyone please tell me how to perform a go-around from a CAT I (ILS autolanding) step by step with the MD11?(CAT I=Category I - A precision instrument approach and landing with a decision height not lower than 200 feet (61 m) above touchdown zone elevation and with either a visibility not less than 800 meters (2,625 ft) or a runway visual range not less than 550 meters (1,804 ft). )Roar

Well heres what i do.At DH, runway or lights not in sight...Press G/A SwitchRetract Flaps to 28Once positive rate of climb established retract landing gearReset FCP Speed and pull knobSelect HDG or NAV modeabove 400ft RA, Select different Vertical mode (i use VS+2000 and let her accelerate to FCP speed)Clean up the aircraft.Whether that is how the real guys do it i dont know but that works for me

Can anyone please tell me how to perform a go-around from a CAT I (ILS autolanding) step by step with the MD11?(CAT I=Category I - A precision instrument approach and landing with a decision height not lower than 200 feet (61 m) above touchdown zone elevation and with either a visibility not less than 800 meters (2,625 ft) or a runway visual range not less than 550 meters (1,804 ft). )Roar
Ref: FCOM, PT 30.7Harry

Ref: FCOM, PT 30.7Harry
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! But: what does ..."establish climb and airspeed (22

above 400ft RA, Select different Vertical mode (i use VS+2000 and let her accelerate to FCP speed)
Using VS while climbing, specially in a situation where speed is no that high and marginals that big, can lead to some nasty situations.Why not just use PROF as the aircraft has it?

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! But: what does ..."establish climb and airspeed (22

Roar,You don't have to select a speed right away.In the Go-around mode the speed reference is the higher of Vmin+5 for Flaps28 or the speed at the moment you hit the GA button.It's in the notes.Does this answer your question?Harry
Thanks again! Yes - this did answer my question. Go around procedure included for the public:NOTE: Tail strikes may occur at rotation rates of 3.8

Thanks again! Yes - this did answer my question. Go around procedure included for the public:NOTE: Tail strikes may occur at rotation rates of 3.8