Sign in to follow this  
nwa

Addon scenery recommendation

I'm looking for an addon program such as Ground Environment to add streets and highways to FS9. Is there one that actually has moving traffic on the roads? Are there any scenery programs that do that besides addon airports?

I'm looking for an addon program such as Ground Environment to add streets and highways to FS9. Is there one that actually has moving traffic on the roads? Are there any scenery programs that do that besides addon airports?
Ground Environment Pro does not add streets, the Ultimate Terrain series does. There is no add-on to FS9 that provides moving traffic on the roads.

------------Macs- I use both Ultimate Terrain (Can/AK & USA ) and Ground Environment. Together, the FS9 scenery enhancement leaves me with no desire to move on to FSX. UT provides amongst other things, ALL roads & shows red vehicle taillights at night and spectacular roadway lighting effects. (sorry- no moving vehicles) Best of all, I can't detect any performance hit with them both running all options activated- and my 'puter is 6 years old! The pic gives an idea of what you are missing.Alex ReidBonanza- Dawn, on final for KLAX R6R ( excess bluish tones due to outside light in this digital pic.)

That answers all my questions. Thanks for the help guys. :(

There is no add-on to FS9 that provides moving traffic on the roads.
WRONG'Flightzone 02 Portland' does all this with no fps problems!Probably the best scenery ever designed IMO and still better than anything you have in FSX too. At night too it is so realistic - simply the best. :( P.S. the latest UK 2000 'Xtreme' scenery also has moving traffic.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I thought I saw a freeware addon right here in Avsim library, just released that adds road traffic to North Germany (FS9). It's 40Mb. Haven't tried it yet but I'm interested in what techniques it uses..