Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul J

Fiercely Fast Forum Finally!

I just thought I should say thanks to the guys that have fixed the forums' speed issues. Everyone whines, carps, moans and groans when something breaks, but no-one has said "Thank You" yet. .....of course, I'm a bit blind and getting on in years and so I may have missed a post or two.... :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just thought I should say thanks to the guys that have fixed the forums' speed issues. Everyone whines, carps, moans and groans when something breaks, but no-one has said "Thank You" yet. .....of course, I'm a bit blind and getting on in years and so I may have missed a post or two.... :(
Paul, where have you been for the last month or so? It has been blushingly fast for a while. But, I am working hard to fix that. Give me a day or two to work out the mods that will bring it back to a reasonable speed. :(

But, I am working hard to fix that. Give me a day or two to work out the mods that will bring it back to a reasonable speed. Peace.gif
Easy!Under Linux use mii-tool or ethtool package which allows a Linux sys admin to modify/change and view the negotiated speed of network interface card i.e. it is useful for forcing specific Ethernet speed and duplex settings.Change it from 1000Mb full-duplex to 10Mb half duplex............ ....from Avsim Janitor to Avsim Linux Guru..... hmmmm? :( pj