Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobP

ASA, FSX and Radar Contact report different weather

Hi,I have been putting up with differences between what the above mentioned apps are reporting. Specifically, at any one time (particually at arrival), FSX (shift z) tells me wind is 345 at 10. Radar Contact and ASA report something completely different. I'm not talking about small variances. I see wind direction and magnitude vary by as much as 180 degrees and 10 to 20 knots. I am using the new beta on FSX but this is not something new and to top it off the AI is using a different active runway. It's like 'Unitarian' air traffic control. Everybody does what they want. :)What can I do to get these guys talking accurately to each other? Thanks in advance. Bob.. Running both Radar Contact and ASA on a client.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bob,I just reported a similar experience in a ASA/RC thread a day ago or so. In that thread, I theorized that DWC is agrivating RC and its internal approach code. Try turning off DWC in ASA and see if it makes a difference to RC and arrival weather. It did on my wide-client...Regards,

Bob,I just reported a similar experience in a ASA/RC thread a day ago or so. In that thread, I theorized that DWC is agrivating RC and its internal approach code. Try turning off DWC in ASA and see if it makes a difference to RC and arrival weather. It did on my wide-client...Regards,
Sory - What is DWC?

Sory - What is DWC?
Direct Wind Control and Smoothing (Options -> Wind tab)