Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

downscc

Weather Applications Recommendations

Utter Frustration!I am looking for recommendations for a weather application to use with FSX that works. This rules out any Hi-Fi Simulation Product, sorry if you were going to mention ASA or ASX, but I have spent the past four hours trying to figure out how to get upper winds to come out of the West instead of the East (over the US too, where Easterlys never happen at FL310). I give up. HiFi stuff shows correct winds inside their app but FSX slowly wraps the wind vector down from about 250/100 to 0/0.. with our without FSUIPC smoothing. I am looking for an application that knows how to put winds into FSX and keep them there.Many thanks for help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Utter Frustration!I am looking for recommendations for a weather application to use with FSX that works. This rules out any Hi-Fi Simulation Product, sorry if you were going to mention ASA or ASX, but I have spent the past four hours trying to figure out how to get upper winds to come out of the West instead of the East (over the US too, where Easterlys never happen at FL310). I give up. HiFi stuff shows correct winds inside their app but FSX slowly wraps the wind vector down from about 250/100 to 0/0.. with our without FSUIPC smoothing. I am looking for an application that knows how to put winds into FSX and keep them there.Many thanks for help.
lot's of posts in this forum about this issue. short answer is it's not Hi-Fi it's SimConnect. I don't think a product you want exists for FSX.

While I do occasionally see a wind direction/speed that does not seem correct, it is nowhere nearly as bad as what you are experiencing. Just a thought - do you load your flightplan into ASA? I do, and I have selected "Create Additional Stations" and "Enhance Route Coverage" in the general options in ASA.Tom