Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ehasanov1

Fs9:VC problems after update?

HiI have install last update and everything ok, except VC? Buttons on MCP looks strange.What could be wrong, because it looks like only I have this problem.ThanksHas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has-You might see this artifact IF:1) Our update could not copy two specific files into a preveiously installed livery texture.XX directory. This shouldn't happen- but it MIGHT under certain circumstances. (If so- please let me know which livery so i may run some tests...)2) You manually installed a livery downloaded from a site other than ours and the livery author includes files in that livery that we changed in v1.20.0055. (Note: We restrict livery artists from simply including every file that is needed in the texture directory- and instead we insist that they only include the files actually licensed to be modified when painting liveries. This is PRECISELY why we do this- but unfortunately many livery artists either can't/won't read the instructions- so they think they are making life easier for a user when in fact they are potentially making things harder...) Both are easy to solve:Go into MD-11/Texture.GE and copy PMDG_MD11_Panel_NT.bmp and PMDG_MD11_Panel_4_NT.bmp. Paste copies of these two files into the TEXTURE.XX directory of the livery in question....Let me know which livery it was that caused the problem for you- (ours or someone else's) so that i may trouble shoot, please!

Hi RobertNothing wrong here.I reinstall update, but this time , without whole bunch of Antivirus, antispyware and firewall in background. :( Thanks again for great explanation of problem.Has

I was having this same problem and fixed it by following the above instructions. The texture it appeared in for me was "PMDGMD11_FS9_GEF_GRF" DL'ed from PMDG. John