Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heightsmite

keyboard commands

After I initially purchased FS2Crew for the MD-11, I recall that everything seemed to work as advertised. Not too long after the purchase, I ran into trouble trying to udate my NVIDIA drivers; FS91 went into a BSOD after 8 hours of flying (7.5 fine, 8 forget it). Make a long story short, things only got sorted out after a system restore. Right after that, I updated FSUIPC, but I had problems with that until I read Pete's suggestion about deleting the old ini (or cfg, whatever). During this time, I must have installed the MD-11 & FS2Crew at least three times since the roll back killed the initial installation. I deleted FS2Crew another two times, followed by reinstalls, because after all of this, things were no longer happening automatically, like beacon, door close/arm, profile & AP, etc. I finally looked into the PMDG keyboard assignments and was surprised to see none of the assignments specified on pgs 20 & 21 of the guide. After I manually entered the commands, everything seems to be back to normal, except for the cargo doors, which remained open after the RA said they'd close. Funny thing is, the PMDG back-up MD11Kbd.ini back-up looks like the original with only three or so commands. Wonder why a reinstall didn't write a new full .ini.Finally, here's the question. Is the PMDG command "Shift+O" (as in the letter oh) or is it "Shift+0" (as in zero)? It didn't work with "O, as in oh." Everything else seems to be back to norm.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello David,Try Shift Zero.Also, you should not have needed to manually input the key assignments (although you can).After doing an initial install of FS2Crew MD11, you should only need to open the FS2Crew Start Center, go the MD-11 tab, and pres the button that says "Set Key Assignments for FS2Crew MD-11".Best,

Hello David,Try Shift Zero.Also, you should not have needed to manually input the key assignments (although you can).After doing an initial install of FS2Crew MD11, you should only need to open the FS2Crew Start Center, go the MD-11 tab, and pres the button that says "Set Key Assignments for FS2Crew MD-11".Best,
Thanks, Bryan. I'd swear that I set the commands after each reinstall. But, I have to admit I had so many things going on at once, I probably wasn't paying the correct attention to that detail. But what's a little strange is that I went to file manager and looked at the .ini files, and there was a back-up there already giving me the impression that the active .ini, which was basically blank, was the one installed by the Start Center. I figured something got borked with all the uninstalls/reinstalls.Anyway, thanks. Nice add-on.