Sign in to follow this  
Guest mack

What drivers to use

Guest mack

Hello, I have two BFG GeForce GTX-OC 768MB cards in SLI for FSX, which are the best drivers for these cards? Thank you

Hello, I have two BFG GeForce GTX-OC 768MB cards in SLI for FSX, which are the best drivers for these cards? Thank youGo to the Nvidia Website and download those specific to your cards and OS first. Others are available at Guru3D.comAs with many things on a pc one size does not fit all. Many times it's trial and error to find one that works best for you.Craig

Laptops: The Nvidia site has special drivers for laptop use, regular drivers should not be used. Browse the listings with M in the 'product series number'.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hello, I have two BFG GeForce GTX-OC 768MB cards in SLI for FSX, which are the best drivers for these cards? Thank you
FSX does not benefit at all from SLI. You are better off running FSX on one video card.

Guest firehawk44
FSX does not benefit at all from SLI. You are better off running FSX on one video card.
Although correct in theory, there is no need to turn off SLI. It does not increase or decrease performance. If you have two cards or more, use them! I might also add that NVIDIA has set up special video card configurations for SLI users running FSX. The config comes with the drivers. For further info, check this link: http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_appprofile.html.Best regards,Jim

Guest mack

Thank you for all your reply's. I have upgrated to 182.5 for my drivers with no problems. I do have a question for firehawk44, I run NHancer which I believe makes use of SLI. I use UTX and UGX, I get very good frame rates, no blurries, stutters, etc. If I use the settings that you have, would I knock out NHancer?My specs are:Windows Vista 32-1000w PSUIntel Core 2 Extreme Quad 3.0 QX96502 8800 GTX OC WD Raptor 10k HD

Guest firehawk44
Thank you for all your reply's. I have upgrated to 182.5 for my drivers with no problems. I do have a question for firehawk44, I run NHancer which I believe makes use of SLI. I use UTX and UGX, I get very good frame rates, no blurries, stutters, etc. If I use the settings that you have, would I knock out NHancer?My specs are:Windows Vista 32-1000w PSUIntel Core 2 Extreme Quad 3.0 QX96502 8800 GTX OC WD Raptor 10k HD
Sorry I can't answer your question completely. I have always used the Nvida display drivers and have never used NHancer but believe NHancer should work with the Nvidia SLI Profile for FSX. I also use UTX but use GEX instead of UGX and get excellent frame rates, no blurries, or stutters. The graphics I get are stunning and I personally see no reason to add another graphics enhancer which might reduce performance or make adjusting graphic settings even more difficult. Best regards,Jim My System:Windows Vista 32-1000w PSUIntel Core 2 Extreme 6800X OC to 3.73GHz 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667 MHz2 8800 GTX w/768MB MemorySATA2 RAID 0 Config with dual 500GB HD30" Dell LCD MonitorCreative X-FI Sound Card