Sign in to follow this  
Guest aircos1

Problem using track IR4 in fsx

Guest aircos1

HelloThere is a particular problem im facing when using track ir4 in fsx. Whereas in fs2004 it possible to use the eyepoint commands ( the eyepoint commands allow you to set a new location of where you see in the virtual cockpit) and set a new starting location in the virtual cockpit and use track ir4 from there , in FSX the eyepoint commands are overriden while using track ir , and i am permanently set in one specific (the default) eyepoint starting location in the vc .Furthermore when using the outside spot view and locked-spot view , the hat switches are also overriden and panning left and right can only be achieved with head movements using track ir.Is there anyway to make track ir work as it does in fs2004?Any assistance will be greatly apprieciated

Guest Mower

Well if it's Vista ensure that TIR runs in Admin mode.

Well if it's Vista ensure that TIR runs in Admin mode.
Maybe, but that doesn't solve aircos1's problem.aircos1 - that, unfortunately, is the way it works at the moment. And the scenery pans around in the 2D view. Join the thousands of us waiting for an FSX-friendlier version of TrackIR. :(

Petraeus

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

There is no way to adjust the TrackIR software, so that it reacts the same within FSX as it does in FS9, as the interface is completely differnt.Within FSX we are using the SimConnect interface, built into FSX, to control the view, and when FSX detects a device using Simconnect to control the view, it defaults that device as the overwriting item for view control.To adjust the view point starting position, you have to edit the cfg file, for each aircraft.One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR into the different view modes. You still have use of the TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause the TrackIR software.

HelloThere is a particular problem im facing when using track ir4 in fsx. Whereas in fs2004 it possible to use the eyepoint commands ( the eyepoint commands allow you to set a new location of where you see in the virtual cockpit) and set a new starting location in the virtual cockpit and use track ir4 from there , in FSX the eyepoint commands are overriden while using track ir , and i am permanently set in one specific (the default) eyepoint starting location in the vc .Furthermore when using the outside spot view and locked-spot view , the hat switches are also overriden and panning left and right can only be achieved with head movements using track ir.Is there anyway to make track ir work as it does in fs2004?Any assistance will be greatly apprieciated
First off, in spot view just put TrackIR into 'disable'mode and you will be able to pan the view with the hat switch.I highly recommend that you assign a button/sitch on your stick or throttle to the TrackIR 'Enable' function to allowyou to 'pause' TIR and enabling the hat panning ability. Also, assign another sitch/button for the TrackIR 'Center'function.Now, as to eye-points...you can use CameraDefinitions in the aircraft.cfg file to set a view just about anywhere youwant. I typically set up the right seat along with the overhead panel and center console views.I assign 'HotKeys' to those camera definitions and then map those to my #2 hat switch on my X-45 stick.A flick of the thumb moves my 'eyepoint' to those various positions. I use the default assignment for the left seat. You can change that default, fixed eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg to suit your preference or you cancreate another CameraDefinition for the left seat and use that instead of the default...all with a flick ofyour thumb.Here is an example of the CameraDefinitons I copy into all my aircraft.cfg files, and then adjust the x,y,z, etc parametersfor the VC in question.You assign keys or buttons to the various "HotKeySelect" in the FSX Controls menu. Paul
[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.1, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=2, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Engine Controls"Guid = {a5741a54-ea6d-4580-9709-c99161e38a83}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, 0.0, -0.20InitialPbh=55.0, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.15ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, -0.58, -0.3InitialPbh=-49.7, 0, 0HotKeySelect=7

Wide-5.jpg

Guest aircos1

Thank you for your replies.What strikes me about FSX and its upgraded integration of Track IR , has actually made it a bit troublesome when using the VC views. I know i can set a new starting position in the VC by changing the aircraft .cfg , but as you probably know in fs9 all you have to do was use the eyepoint keys and you could be travelling anywhere in the VC as you were using Track IR , setting new starting points all the time. In FSX even if you disable Track IR to move around the VC using the eyepoint commands , the momment you enable it , it will return to the default location .Now to edit the aircraft .cfg or define new camera definition takes a bit of trial and error to come up to the exact point you will be satisfied with and of course you have to reload the plane each time you make a change. I just find it hard to believe there is no way to disable this ! In any case thank you for your replies .

I never used Track IR in FS9 so I didn't know there was a difference. Here's what I do if it's worth anything. I assigned the recenter command to the space bar on my keyboard and the inactivate function to a key on the yoke. If I want to look down and right I look up and left, press the space bar and then look down and right just far enough to see what I need and press the deactivate key. Now the view is fixed at the instrument or control I need. When done, look straight ahead, press the space bar and the deactivate key and all is well again. Once used to it you can do it faster than you can explain it.For the outside view, deactivate, go to outside view and use the hat switch to pan around.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
In FSX even if you disable Track IR to move around the VC using the eyepoint commands , the momment you enable it , it will return to the default location .Now to edit the aircraft .cfg or define new camera definition takes a bit of trial and error to come up to the exact point you will be satisfied with and of course you have to reload the plane each time you make a change. I just find it hard to believe there is no way to disable this ! In any case thank you for your replies .
Unfortunately it just isn't possible, as the view is controlled completely differnt, between FS9 and FSX

It takes very little time to define a NEW 'default' eyepoint and subsequent CameraDefinitions. Reloading the aircraft can be done with a simple key-stroke. All you have to do is assign a key or key-combo for that in the FSX Controls menu. SO, you alter the position data for a camera view, hit the 'reload user aircraft' key and observe the results. Repeat as needed until you have a set of camere definitions that suit your needs. I find that 4 definitions are really about all I ever need or use...left seat, right seat and then perhaps overhead panel and console. In the case of the A2A B-377, where one NEEDS to more around efficiently if you intend to get to your destination safely, I have the cameras set for right, left, FE and Navigator. If you can't go to the 'trouble' of using what's available, then perhaps TIR/FSX isn't for you... Paul

Wide-5.jpg