Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suchw

FS9 Flight Planning

HiJust have a question on FS9 flight planning regarding Altitude selection, it appears that there can only be 1 altitude for the entire flight eg I have the below flight plan that I have created as below but there is only an option for one altitude for all legs in FS9 Planner, is there any way to have different altitudes for each leg or is this a limitation of FS2004 flight planner, I have FSNAV and FSBUILD but cant seem to find a way to do this. It is unrealistic to flight plan the one altitude for the entire flight, thanks for any advice offeredYBCGYCASYGFNYLISYBCGWayne

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Commercial flights are assigned a cruising altitude for the entire trip. See examples of real flight plans at flightaware.com. Pilot may request a different altitude if circumstances warrant it. This is also an option with ATC in Flight Simulator.I am not a pilot, but if a private pilot sets up a flight plan and requests clearance for his trip, he too would have chosen a particular altitude so that ATC would know where he is at all times. Again, request can be made for an altitude change if necessary.In VFR flights, altitude constrints are set by direction of flight.Hope this helps and if I'm in error, someone please correct.Jim D.

I presume you are talking about step climbs.In your FS Flightplan set your crz alt for your intitial crz alt. When it is time for your step climb simply ask FS ATC and your crz alt will be increased....or if you like decreased.