Sign in to follow this  
Halo001

TM2

After much help, and some hair pulling, I finally got the TM2 installed, but I am having problems with flying. I suspect it's something in the config file, or an incompatibility problem.For quick flights, I use FSNavigator to do my flight planning. Once I have the flight plan saved, I can takeoff and normally hit Shift-F9 and the plane will follow both vertical and lateral plans. With the TM2, the normal climb speed hovers between 135 and 140, I am always near a stall or am stalling, it will never reach cruise alt, and totally ignores the flight course settings.I have reinstalled FS9 recently and after installing TM2, the basic 737s also exhibit these problems. Can someone give me some suggestions, or be willing to send me their config file. The installed PMDG does not display any of these features, but it's a totally different concept in AP and FMS.Thanks...Jim

Tinmouse doesn't have a Vertical speed mode for the Autopilot, only Altitude Hold and CWS. CWS needs you to use the yoke forward and back to set a pitch and it will maintain that pitch when the yoke is neutralised. if you are too slow push forward to reduce rate of climb with the ELV mode in the Sperry autopilot engaged and the autopilot will trim down pitch till you relsease yoke and will then trim to maintain that pitch attitude. (not a speed or a Vertical speed)I doubt that FSnavigator can manage that IMO.Lateral nav is also slighty different with the Sperry. but heading select works much the same, so not sure why that wouldn't work. there is of course no GPS nav in Tinmouse, and if you see a button with RAD/NAV switch next to the HSI, that's INS, not GPS, again a totally different system that FSnavigator can't use, but I think it actually uses HDG mode to steer. not sure why that wouldn't work UNLESS again the INS is trying to slave the HDG with NAV mode set next to the HSI. Keep this switched to the Radio navigation mode so the HDG mode is free.As far as default is concerned, no idea about that one, FSnav should be able to handle that one :S

Tinmouse doesn't have a Vertical speed mode for the Autopilot, only Altitude Hold and CWS. CWS needs you to use the yoke forward and back to set a pitch and it will maintain that pitch when the yoke is neutralised. if you are too slow push forward to reduce rate of climb with the ELV mode in the Sperry autopilot engaged and the autopilot will trim down pitch till you relsease yoke and will then trim to maintain that pitch attitude. (not a speed or a Vertical speed)I doubt that FSnavigator can manage that IMO.Lateral nav is also slighty different with the Sperry. but heading select works much the same, so not sure why that wouldn't work. there is of course no GPS nav in Tinmouse, and if you see a button with RAD/NAV switch next to the HSI, that's INS, not GPS, again a totally different system that FSnavigator can't use, but I think it actually uses HDG mode to steer. not sure why that wouldn't work UNLESS again the INS is trying to slave the HDG with NAV mode set next to the HSI. Keep this switched to the Radio navigation mode so the HDG mode is free.As far as default is concerned, no idea about that one, FSnav should be able to handle that one :S
Your only options for a third-party interface to control the TinMouse II are programs that control the standard FS heading bug, in which case engaging hdg select on the Sperry 77 will allow the 'mouse to fly the heading under control of the third party program, the CIVA INS, or the RealityXP 430/530 (the pre-WAAS versions only). When the next version is released, the support for the RealityXP will be dropped (it was never a realistic system to have in a 737) and the ISG FMS units will be supported directly in the gauges, so you'll have the option of heading control, CIVA INS, or the ISG FMS units (either the Honeywell XLSGNS or the Smiths in lat-nav only mode).CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

When the next version is released, the support for the RealityXP will be dropped (it was never a realistic system to have in a 737) and the ISG FMS units will be supported directly in the gauges, so you'll have the option of heading control, CIVA INS, or the ISG FMS units (either the Honeywell XLSGNS or the Smiths in lat-nav only mode).CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, COGot an ETA, Bob ? Looking forward to it.Jack