Sign in to follow this  
banjo76

MD11 FMC Fix question

Hi there guys & galsI have a question about the FMC fix page in MD11. I have seen, at a buddy of mine, that in his FS2004, PMDG747, there can be inserted a fix in his FMC where he can choose BRG/DIS for that fix, so that on the PFD, it shows a green circle in a radius of whatever he entered.The question is then: Can I do the same in the MD11's fix page? It could be nice because often in the US, radar contact tells me to cross at 12000, 40nm from "...waypoint".It's kind of hard to explain so I made him take a screenshot.FIXDistance.jpgThx in advance

The MD11 FMS can't draw circles.
Shame, it would making flying DME arcs easy!How does one hand fly a DME arc in the MD11? Without any visual clue on the ND you just have to keep monitoring the DME distance which is a bit tricky to fly accurately.

Matthew S

This was one thing I was frustrated about after coming from Boeings, also I loved the Boeings arc on the flight path during altitude changes. When asked by ATC to be at a certain altitute at a certain distance it was handly to just adjust the V/S until the arc was where you wanted it.Otherwise I love the MD11. Jay V

You can add Waypoint/+40 into the route page in the fms - that wll give you a waypoint 40 miles before your waypoint or use - for after it.John Ellison