Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robi77

Another FMC Question

Using FSX and the PMDG-747-400 aircraft.The FMC manual states that Longitudes and Latitudes can be entered as waypoints.Either in the RTE pages or in the LEGS pages of the FMC.Example : I want to enter a Longitude of 78 degrees 34.5 minutes West and a Latitude of 41 degrees and 23.3 minutes North.The manual states to enter : N4123.3W7834.5After entering these datas I get error message "Not in database".Why is this.Please correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the aircraft should fly to thatwaypoint. ( Latitude,Longitude)Thanks for your helpRobi77

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Using FSX and the PMDG-747-400 aircraft.The FMC manual states that Longitudes and Latitudes can be entered as waypoints.Either in the RTE pages or in the LEGS pages of the FMC.Example : I want to enter a Longitude of 78 degrees 34.5 minutes West and a Latitude of 41 degrees and 23.3 minutes North.The manual states to enter : N4123.3W7834.5After entering these datas I get error message "Not in database".Why is this.Please correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the aircraft should fly to thatwaypoint. ( Latitude,Longitude)Thanks for your helpRobi77
----------------Try entering the longitude as W07834.5Alex Reid