Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

PMDG737 Spoiler Sound into other aircrafts?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,the pmdg737 has a great sound when spoilers get deployed inflight. This sound seems to get controlled by a gauge. There is no entry in the pmdg sound.cfg.Is there a possibility to implement this sound into other aircrafts?Thanks for help

Ummm... no, there isn't.And it would most likely be agaist PMDG's EULA anyway. That is, unless it's strictly for your own use.

Actually the sound isn't located in the aircraft sound folder but rather the FS9 root sound folder.C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\Pmdg\737tngIt is tranferable to other aircraft but again would conflict with PMDG EULA. Unless for personal use.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,yes it is for my personal use only. I already tried to transere the file to other aircrafts but it does work. Could you tell me what I have to do?

Hi,Your going to have to change the name of the 737tng file to match the flaps filename for the aircraft you want to use it in.For example, lets say you want to use it with the default 737 aircraft. If the file name for the default aircraft flaps sound is called flaps.wav then you need to change the file name of 737tng.wav to flaps.wav. then you need to place the file in the correct directory, for most aircraft it will be the sound sub folder of the aircraft in question.Hope this helps.

Hi,yes it is for my personal use only. I already tried to transere the file to other aircrafts but it does work. Could you tell me what I have to do?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Your going to have to change the name of the 737tng file to match the flaps filename for the aircraft you want to use it in.For example, lets say you want to use it with the default 737 aircraft. If the file name for the default aircraft flaps sound is called flaps.wav then you need to change the file name of 737tng.wav to flaps.wav. then you need to place the file in the correct directory, for most aircraft it will be the sound sub folder of the aircraft in question.Hope this helps.
Thats not going to workRob

Rob Prest

Your main problem is that while you can always move and/or rename the wav, what's going to play it continually while spoilers are deployed?

Regards,

Mark

Hello,the pmdg737 has a great sound when spoilers get deployed inflight. This sound seems to get controlled by a gauge. There is no entry in the pmdg sound.cfg.Is there a possibility to implement this sound into other aircrafts?Thanks for help
It