Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misgav

missed approach flight critique

Hi,After a six hour flight I was descending with the Level D 767 towards Istanbul airport.Approach vectored me on an intercept with the rwy 06 ils, which the AP capturedI was using manual throttle with my Saitek joystick. My approach speed was high I admit-3 miles from the rwy I was at 170 kts. So the g/s was a relative steep descent at 1000 ft/sec.Just a mile from the the t/d zone, RC told me to go around. Since I was tired and ready for bedtime, I decided to land anyway, knowing good ol' Bill Stevens would call me soon. Which he did of course.What I want to know is what the flight critique said. I didn't catch most of it but it was something about my glidepathDoes RC monitor the glidepath that closely?Eytan Ornstein

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,After a six hour flight I was descending with the Level D 767 towards Istanbul airport.Approach vectored me on an intercept with the rwy 06 ils, which the AP capturedI was using manual throttle with my Saitek joystick. My approach speed was high I admit-3 miles from the rwy I was at 170 kts. So the g/s was a relative steep descent at 1000 ft/sec.Just a mile from the the t/d zone, RC told me to go around. Since I was tired and ready for bedtime, I decided to land anyway, knowing good ol' Bill Stevens would call me soon. Which he did of course.What I want to know is what the flight critique said. I didn't catch most of it but it was something about my glidepathDoes RC monitor the glidepath that closely?Eytan Ornstein
i don't recall any critique that has glidepath in it. not knowing all the other things you did right (or wrong), no telling what the critique said. if you haven't run rc since then, in the winwood directory is a file call cntrlr.wav - play it. it might have the critique.jd

Was your gear down? Any tower comment about how do you like your steak (or something like that :) ?

Was your gear down? Any tower comment about how do you like your steak (or something like that :) ?
I just replayed the chatter wav file. It did not refer to any glidepath, just not doing the go around as I was told.Yes,I do remember that a mile before touchdown, I was in spot view, and noticed my gear was up! I put the gear down right away. Can't remember if tower was warning me about that or not. I was pretty tired at that moment after the long flight, so I guess I was hallucinating! LOLEytan