Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Unable to get the File Library to open.

TOM et al -May I make a suggestion - re the library.Could you have your IT man have the "library link" display a "The library is offline" message - with a brief explanation - INSTEAD of displaying the normal library screen(s)?Quite often (during this past week) the library actually has appeared to be back online but of course many of it's usual functions do not work (or work extremely slowly) yet.Having a screen display a message as I have suggested would likely slow down the number of complaints and e-mails about the situation.

Just wanted to echo some of the other posts and say a big "THANKS" to everyone who contributes to making Avsim what it is. I've been using this site for more years than I can remember and have felt a little lost without the file library in the last few days. I understand that yours is often a thankless task and I, for one, will be waiting patiently for whatever time it takes to get back up and running. :(

Guest nigelb
TOM et al -May I make a suggestion - re the library.Could you have your IT man have the "library link" display a "The library is offline" message - with a brief explanation - INSTEAD of displaying the normal library screen(s)?Quite often (during this past week) the library actually has appeared to be back online but of course many of it's usual functions do not work (or work extremely slowly) yet.Having a screen display a message as I have suggested would likely slow down the number of complaints and e-mails about the situation.
Great idea, 'Opa"

Tom and the Library Staff,Thanks for all the years that you have given to the FS community. I have been a member of AVSIM since just after it began (lets not talk about ages here) and have seen it grow over the years. I think that you and the entire staff should be commended for the unselfish devotion that you give to this site.At times I know that you feel used and abused. I have even been one of the ones that have sent messages via the forum that the library was down, but only when i did not catch the time or date that someone else had done the same thing, and I apoligize for any inconvience or hardship that I have caused to the team.Again, Thanks for a job well done over the years and may there be many more.Harry

Harry Nelson

Dear memberSWe are working hard and fast to complete our maintenance is a fashionable time frameOur apologies for any inconvenience this may have for our members.Thank you all for your kind words and for supporting AVSIM ONLINE

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Guest fredbull02

Hi Tom,first of all i wanna thank u for all the work you and the staff are doing,i have no idea how much time does need especially now but it must be a big hard work,so once more thank you.Than i'd like to say to all members without pointing anyone especially,i didnt tell how much answers did Tom give in this post,but i still see every page someone coming to say "what happen?" "i have a problem" or something like that,SO PLEASE GUYS(AND GIRLS TOO) READ ALL THE PAGES BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION ALLREADY ASKED TEN TIMES AND TEN TIMES ANSWERED!! Tom and the staff have allready work enough to repeat the same things page after page...Regards

Could you have your IT man have the "library link" display a "The library is offline" message - with a brief explanation - INSTEAD of displaying the normal library screen(s)?
This is a great idea already lifted to our tech support, but it seems the task is more complicated than first imagine.This would truly have reduced the hundreds of emails currently being answered by our staff through our mail server on a daily basis.Lets hope the long overdue maintenance can provide some new functions and smooth the future issues to the information flow.One never know what the future brings ;)To all members reading this post, please refer to this linkhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249670

X-Plane Scandinavia

This is a great idea already lifted to our tech support, but it seems the task is more complicated than first imagine.This would truly have reduced the hundreds of emails currently being answered by our staff through our mail server on a daily basis.Lets hope the long overdue maintenance can provide some new functions and smooth the future issues to the information flow.One never know what the future brings ;)To all members reading this post, please refer to this linkhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249670
Well then perhaps he could just remove the link on the error message which allows the user to post a message on the mail system. Not as informative as a completely new error message but would slow down the "somthings broke" responses.

The suggestion has already been lifted to our tech support but I would imagine that the maintenance process is somewhat in the final stages so that it may be a bit to late. An lesson learned is a lesson earned :)

X-Plane Scandinavia

Well then perhaps he could just remove the link on the error message which allows the user to post a message on the mail system. Not as informative as a completely new error message but would slow down the "somthings broke" responses.
Done. Now when someone attempts to enter the library at the top page, they get a message telling them the library is down.

Just think peoples, when it does come back online, it will be just like all Easter, birthdays, Christmas all rolled into one, you won't know which file to download first, :(