Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nandan Patel

FDSFX panel problem

Simple, just freezes my fs and forces me to shut down my fs.It happens when I try to open panel via ALT fs menu. Will it help if I install the icon for it on the panel?Please reply, need help, no-one read my earlier post on this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to pad that out with some more information.

• What plane, using what panel, opening which sub-panel window?
  • Has that panel always crashed when opening via the alt menu or is this a recent development?
  • Is that panel in "stock" condition or did you modify it with a mix of 3rd party gauges?
  • What other 3rd party modules are being loaded by FS (FSUIPC, WideFS, FSConnect, etc)?
  • How about posting a code segment from that specific panel.cfg's relevant [windowXX] section, too?

As an aside: your query probably belongs in the MSFS Aircraft & Panel Design forum, not the general FS forum.

Adding a Icon would be much easier. but that would not help your CTD issue.Once your in the cockpit and hit one of the FDFSX sound gauges, THATS IT. Your in for the long haul.Because if you change your aircraft and then hit one of the sound gauges on the FDSFX panel Then comes the black screen to your flight.

Sooo, I should not change the aircraft soo it will work? And if I add the icon what does "your in for the long haul" mean?

ThurstonHowell (ha! great username, "lovie" :( ), posted some good questions. What aircraft are you using? Is the the first aircraft you have tried with FDSFX or just has an issue with this aircraft? Post your panel.cfg file we can have a looksy.Clutch

Ok here let me make it simple for youFirst read the notebook that comes with it. Put all your sounds pertaining this to a folder called FDSFX and then you have two choices - 1st you can put it to your sound folder (most preferred) or you can put it to your aircraft sound folder. Now leave this in either of the two places.Next go to your panel CFG and follow all the instructions on installing it to the panel CFG. Make sure you have the bitmaps in your panel folder, and all the gauges pertaining to this in the gauges folder.Once you are done viola. You can then enjoy. You can then make copies of the FDSFX from one aircraft sound folder to the other if your FDSFX is in it, or simply just leave it in your main FS9 sound folder which saves disc space. As of the FDSFX you have to edit all the panel cfgs that you want it to play on. As of the Icons follow those instructions.You should not have any problems. I use it and it is as close to the real thing from flight attendants on a actual flight. Sigh.There is also a program that accelerates your ATC to the real thing as well. About as close as your going to get it and its fast just like they do in real life.So if your having problems make sure you do it step by step undisturbed and double check everything. Good luckChanRak