Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tallguy

MD-11 (FS9) - No ILS line in PFD?

According to the MD-11 ITV video with Martinair...during the ILS approach the PFD shows a magenta line when lined up according to the ILS.However..I'm not seeing that line.What'am I missing / doing wrong? The correct ILS freq is entered in the FMC and the plane is on autoland (appr only)24mvu4j.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

According to the MD-11 ITV video with Martinair...during the ILS approach the PFD shows a magenta line when lined up according to the ILS.However..I'm not seeing that line.What'am I missing / doing wrong? The correct ILS freq is entered in the FMC and the plane is on autoland (appr only)
Eric,Make sure you enter Frequency AND Localizer Course (110.30/347)Harry

According to the MD-11 ITV video with Martinair...during the ILS approach the PFD shows a magenta line when lined up according to the ILS.However..I'm not seeing that line.What'am I missing / doing wrong? The correct ILS freq is entered in the FMC and the plane is on autoland (appr only)
In addition to Harry's point also press the APR button to display the approach screen on the ND if you desire.

In addition to Harry's point also press the APR button to display the approach screen on the ND if you desire.
The picture IS the APPR screen already.Harry

The problem is that you didn't enter the ILS front course. I'm surprised that the plane would even capture the beam without having that very critical info.Paul

The problem is that you didn't enter the ILS front course. I'm surprised that the plane would even capture the beam without having that very critical info.Paul
This is a display item.When you enter that "very critical info" in the wrong way, the aircraft will not intercept the fake Loc Course.Harry

When you enter that "very critical info" in the wrong way, the aircraft will not intercept the fake Loc Course.
That's why I was surprised that the plane even intercepted the LOC.Paul