Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Aerosoft's Indy X is released.

Thanks for the info! Downloading now! What a great price!! $16.74,hard to go wrong,Aerosoft makes very good quality add-ons.

Great, let is know what you think. For the price it looks hard to beat for the Helo enthusiast.

It looks good from what I've seen as far as screencaps. And I was initially really excited by the prospect of them asking in their forums for recommendations on what cities to do next. An updated Las Vegas area scenery reflecting the new buildings out here (and eliminating the ones that have been blown up in the past several years) would be a godsend for me, 'cos I live out here. But...I'm hesitant to spend money on a scenery addon for only one "type" of flying...VFR daytime. The scenery would be useless for flying after dark. I know they said it was designed that way to keep costs down and reduce the size of the addon, but if I am going to spend money on an addon scenery product, I kind of expect it to work 24\7 in Flight Simulator.I'm not bashing the product. If all you want to do is fly day VFR in it, with only one season, then it no doubt will be an excellent addon. I'm not going to buy any of their cities though, because I want to fly over the scenery I have at night, also. The lack of having more than one SEASON isn't a show-stopper for me. But being limited to only daytime flying certainly is, even at $16. If they develop cities that uses both day and night textures, even at a higher price and larger storage sizes, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Rick Ryan

I'm hesitant to spend money on a scenery addon for only one "type" of flying...VFR daytime. The scenery would be useless for flying after dark. I know they said it was designed that way to keep costs down and reduce the size of the addon, but if I am going to spend money on an addon scenery product, I kind of expect it to work 24\7 in Flight Simulator.I'm not bashing the product. If all you want to do is fly day VFR in it, with only one season, then it no doubt will be an excellent addon. I'm not going to buy any of their cities though, because I want to fly over the scenery I have at night, also. The lack of having more than one SEASON isn't a show-stopper for me. But being limited to only daytime flying certainly is, even at $16. If they develop cities that uses both day and night textures, even at a higher price and larger storage sizes, I will buy it in a heartbeat.
You make a good point, Falcon. But since Indy is my home town, I am immediately smitten. An outfit in Argentina, Dreamscenery or Dreamscape, something like that, made an OVERPRICED Indy and Indy airport ... promised updated models when the Lucas Oil Stadium [new home of the Colts] and the new Airport terminal were built. But as of yet, so far as I know, they have not delivered. Also the scenery was a confimred slide show on everyone's machine. But the screenies here look great!! I've jogged around the Indy 500 Speedway in May for a number of years in the annual mini-marathon ... I've spent some 50 of my 60 years in the area ... and these screen shots look outstanding! The only obvious flaw is that they have included the air supported RCA Dome, the old home of the Indy Colts ... and it has already been destroyed. Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the files and eliminate a 3D model? I can move around files, but I know nothing of how scenery files work, or what software you need to open them. I can't wait to get to my church, where I work, and download this. I have high speed there. Thanks for the heads up, you guys. Steve

Does anyone know how night and seasonal textures are handled? I know this scenery does not cover those. If you load up a night flight around Indy, will it revert to default FSX textures/buildings, or will you just get all black? It might be really annoying if you had to deactivate it anytime you're going to fly in a non-summer day flight.

Eric Szczesniak

It would seem to me that as night approached, you would start seeing tiles change over to the default scenery.

It would seem to me that as night approached, you would start seeing tiles change over to the default scenery.
Not necessarily. Depending on the scenery, you would see nothing but black where some or all of the scenery was. There are many examples of this available for FSX already. Short of switching back to daytime when you get to these geographical locations, you would have nothing showing but a black area where the scenery is once total darkness (night) set in.

Rick Ryan