Sign in to follow this  
hvw

PMDG MD11 add-on liveries and 64-bits OS.

After I installed a PMDG MD11 (FSX) add-on livery on my Vista x64 driven system, this livery doesn't show in the list of selectable aircraft. However, when I exchange the stock's MD-11 'designator' in aircraft.cfg from [fltsim.1) to [fltsim.2] and the add-on's one in [fltsim.1], this add-on livery shows up fine in the list of selectable aircraft. But now the stock one that I changed is gone up in smoke.The same happens in Windows7-x64. When I switch to Vista-x32 and install PMDG's MD-11 (FSX) I can add add-on liveries galore without running into the above described problem.In all cases I used the installer that came with the add-on liveries downloaded from PMDG's website.Anone got an idea how I can solve this problem? Thanks.Kind regards,Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Assign Vista admin rights to the the folders, or turn the nanny UAC off. This has solved the problem for another guy just last week and I have not had problems since I realized you need to allow the installer to modify cfg files without the nanny preventing it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Assign Vista admin rights to the the folders, or turn the nanny UAC off. This has solved the problem for another guy just last week and I have not had problems since I realized you need to allow the installer to modify cfg files without the nanny preventing it.
Hi Dan,Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem. The cfg files were correctly modified, however, the newly installed plane didn't show up in FSX's list of available aircraft. When I swap this newly installed plane with one of the PMDG MD-11 homelivery aircraft installed in the cfg file, this 3rd party add-on aircraft shows up correctly in FSX's dropdown list and the swapped PMDG plane does not. Weird, uh? This only happens while running on a x-64 OS, under Vista-x32 all goes well. Beats me <G>.Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

It is so odd I don't understand... I've had no problems of this nature with the 64b OS. However, I wouldn't know a correctly modified cfg file from a buggy one... never mentioned because it was assumed is that you have the block "show variants" checked in FSX.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have a quick question about addon liveries....When I run the installer all goes well.. except it never comes up with a "finished" screen. Is that normal? The livery appears OK. I just find it odd that there is no "end of process message".Vista x64.Paul

never mentioned because it was assumed is that you have the block "show variants" checked in FSX.
Yes, it is set to on alright. I'll dig deeper into this and if I find a solution I'll post it here right away.Thanks,Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Guest stingrey
After I installed a PMDG MD11 (FSX) add-on livery on my Vista x64 driven system, this livery doesn't show in the list of selectable aircraft. However, when I exchange the stock's MD-11 'designator' in aircraft.cfg from [fltsim.1) to [fltsim.2] and the add-on's one in [fltsim.1], this add-on livery shows up fine in the list of selectable aircraft. But now the stock one that I changed is gone up in smoke.The same happens in Windows7-x64. When I switch to Vista-x32 and install PMDG's MD-11 (FSX) I can add add-on liveries galore without running into the above described problem.In all cases I used the installer that came with the add-on liveries downloaded from PMDG's website.Anone got an idea how I can solve this problem? Thanks.Kind regards,Hans
I see you already checked one of the options I was about to suggest. I have a different problem: I can't get the instrument dispplays to show up. The 3 CRT screens are just blank.

A new thread might get you quicker response, and please sign your name to posts in this forum.Two common reasons for blank display units are either a validation problem or a problem with the C++ runtime libraries that should be installed by the pmdg installer. Try to run a repair option from the installer.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm having the same problem with both the 747 and the MD-11. I didn't have any problem with the 32bit Vista, but since I switched to Vista-64 FSX only list the default PMDG liveries for both the 747 and the MD-11. I've looked at the cfg files for all the aircraft and nothing obvious jumps out.I also have the Captain Sim 757 and the LDS-767 installed and their addon liveries show up.Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,-Danny :(

Guest futureknight31

yes, I just installed vista 64 to get rid of the out-of-memory errors fsx was doing and crashing when flying the pmdg...i too cannot get the add-on liveries to show. any help is appreciated.sincerely,Chris Romaniello

Guest futureknight31

thanks for the response.I clicked the link and downloaded. After installation of the 64bit redistributable, the livery still doesn't show.I am using fsx with acceleration installed. I tried unintalling then reinstalling the livery again,but still not showing.I am quite confused, lol.sincerely,Chris Romaniello

I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit, 6 GB RAM and Acceleration and I have not experienceed any of the liveries no showing. The only problem I have had with the MD11 is OOM.Norman

Guest futureknight31
I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit, 6 GB RAM and Acceleration and I have not experienceed any of the liveries no showing. The only problem I have had with the MD11 is OOM.Norman
that's definately not what I wanted to hear (regarding OOM)....your specs are exactly what I've upgraded to and I'm going to be pretty disappointed if I still get OOM messages after taking days getting everything working again :(back to the matter at hand...as I said, I clicked on the link ryan provided and executed. It said it did it's thing. When I reinstall the PMDG md-11, however, I get an alert box that says:"the following microsoft VS2008 64 bit redistrubutable file is required for this pmdg product to run on this machine. Please install when prompted"I click "ok" and I have two choices showing in a visual c++ redistributable setup: repair or uninstall. I've clicked reinstall and then next and it goes through it's thing and says setup complete.then an alert box saying the "vs2008 32bit redistributable file is required for this pmdg product to run on this machine"I click okay and I am again asked whether I want to repair or uninstall.which I suppose when I click repair just undos what was done...I'm lost :(sincerely,chris romaniello

it installs two different libraries for a 64b OS.. select repair both times.I don't expect OOM errors to be a problem with a 64b OS... that is weird.Except for the initial learning curve, I do not have problems running Vista64 and any PMDG product. When you run out of ideas drop an email to pmdg support and ensure you get an automatic response.

Dan Downs KCRP