Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnE

Dual monitor use

I had 1 monitor go down on my TH2Go system and while waiting for the RMA to come in I ran with just one monitor. At first it was a little strange especially losing my peripheral vision but I gained a tighter resolution and far better performance! So now I'm thinking about losing the third monitor and running just two but 'm not sure how I would use these in Sim? I prefer VC flying and thought I could use 1 monitor for the VC and one for any important 2d pop-ups I use (FMC, radio stack etc...) Or will the view stretch across both monitors naturally? I also still fly Fs9 quite a-bit and I'm worried how it will affect that as well.

Hello,I run 3 monitors 1/ VC or spotview or other views2/ 2D cockpit, radio, GPS , ....3/ Fs Commander or widgetI use these in Window mode only

I think you've got several options here John. You could try to get your TH2Go rig to work with two monitors. I don't know much about how they work but it may be as simple as editing a setting in the config file.Alternatively you could forget about the TH2Go system and patch your two monitors directly into your graphics card. I'm pretty sure most graphics cards now come with dual output ports, and plugging your monitors into these gives you a few more options.You could use one as your VC and the other for your 2D popup panels, as you've indicated. Or you could use both monitors for your VC by simply opening up a new VC view from the Views menu in either FSX or FS9, undocking your new view, and dragging it over to your other screen. You have to be in windowed mode to do this. You could try it in full screen mode, but you would probably fail. It is then a simple matter of resizing and rotating your new view so that the two line up. In FSX there is the option of linking the two views so that they will pan torgether. Go to the Views section of the Keys/Buttons/Assignment dialogue and assign a key to the View - link all (toggle) command.I've got four monitors plugged into two graphics cards. I've got three of them for my VC, and the fourth for those handy 2D popup panels. I looked into getting a TH2Go rig some time ago, but I think I prefer patching my monitors straight into the cards.

Ok I went with the 2 monitors plugged into 2 ports on my graphics card. I would like to have one with the VC and the other for 2d panels but when I load into Fs9 (haven't tried FSX yet) I can't for the life of me utilize the second monitor. Is their a command I need for moving the 2d panels over? or do only certain AC support this?

Firstly, you have to be in windowed mode. Then it's a simple matter of right clicking on the 2D panel in question and selecting Undock window from the menu. You'll see the view turn into a system window which you can drag onto your other screen.