Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

christiaan

Trying to install the fs9.1 update.

I am trying to install the 9.1 update but receive it freezes when it gets to the modules.Please see the attached photo.As far that I can check I have the original fs9. exe and modules in the main FS2004 folder which is on my "D" HD.Someone advice me to remove the files then run the CD 1 set up and try and find the repair which did not show up.Without this file I cannot download the add-on manager from FSDreamteam which needs the update.I used to be able to d/l their sceneries without this up-date the a couple of weeks ago all their scenery files changed at the same time & my Dreamteam Add-on Manager disappeared from the task bar in FS9.Please advice me how I can d/l the fs9.1 update without loosing all my many other add-ons.I had thought of installing the FS9 on the "C" installing the fs9 update to see if it works then de- and re- installing the FS2004 on the "D" HDIt will take several weeks as I have about 90 GB's of scenery in FS9 on the "D" HD. which I would like to avoid if possible.I have Windows XP.

I am trying to install the 9.1 update but receive it freezes when it gets to the modules.Please see the attached photo.As far that I can check I have the original fs9. exe and modules in the main FS2004 folder which is on my "D" HD.Someone advice me to remove the files then run the CD 1 set up and try and find the repair which did not show up.Without this file I cannot download the add-on manager from FSDreamteam which needs the update.I used to be able to d/l their sceneries without this up-date the a couple of weeks ago all their scenery files changed at the same time & my Dreamteam Add-on Manager disappeared from the task bar in FS9.Please advice me how I can d/l the fs9.1 update without loosing all my many other add-ons.I had thought of installing the FS9 on the "C" installing the fs9 update to see if it works then de- and re- installing the FS2004 on the "D" HDIt will take several weeks as I have about 90 GB's of scenery in FS9 on the "D" HD. which I would like to avoid if possible.I have Windows XP.
Here is what I would try:I am guessing the update has encountered a bad (possibly corrupted) ablscpt.dll on your system and that is why it is halting. If that guess is accurate, then the first thing I would do is restore that dll from your install disks. It is on disk 2 in the msgame3.cab file. Any file can be extracted from a .cab file using a good unzipping program such as Winzip.Check to see if the update program managed to create a folder named BACKUP in your Flight Simulator 9 folder before it froze. If so, delete it. (Move it totally out FS is really a better option).The update looks for the presence of this folder and if it finds it, assumes the update has already been installed.Get this path utility and check to see that the path to your FS2004 is correct in your registry.http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeIf it is incorrect, correct it.Place the fs91upd.exe file in your Flight Simulator 9 folder and execute it from there - do not run it from a temporary folder elsewhere.With any luck at all the update should complete it's work without freezing again.If that fails then I guess you should consider trying plan B.Good luck!! :(

The update I did run the first time from another location because I did not read the instructions properly.When I ran the updater again yesterday is said the the update seems to be installed. I tried to run the ADD-ON MANAGER from DreamTeamI ticked on the up-date install and got a message that the 9.1 update seams to be installed.So I downloaded a new stand alone manager on the KJFK scenery.When I tried to install it says that modules'g3d.dll was from FS9.0.Dream team has adviced me as an option to install the FS2004 and update on a friend's computer, which I will do this evening.Then copy the (updated ) fs9.exe and default modules from this FS9 into main the FS map on my own computer.Dreamteam told me to remove the original fs9 & default .dll's in the modules file.Should I also copy (overwrite ) the two update and uninstall update files.As I have 90GB of scenery on my FS2004 I do not want to start from scratch as it has taken a long time to get where I am now.All I want is evrythig back including the 5 Airports of Dreamteam & Cloud9.Do you agree with Dreamteam, I do not know if anyone has tried this method before.

Sorry if this is wrong.I was always under the impression that V9.1 should only be added to a 'basic' FS9 installation ie. No add ons like UT, GE Pro, Active Sky etc etc.If this is correct, do you have any add ons in your FS9?