Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karbil

Still trying to display airports.

I have made the changes to FSX Standard xml as shown but I am still unable to display airports as I am told I should be able to do. I am within 20nm and well above the airport reference point. Anyone have any ideas? Bob K. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="ControlsFile" version="1,0"> <Descr>Classic Default Mappings</Descr> <Filename>ClassicControls.xml</Filename> <SimControls.Map> <Entry> <Key>CTRL+SHIFT+P</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry>

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here are the entries from mine. It works fine.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Controls" version="1,0" id="Standard"> <Descr>Controls Mapping File</Descr> <Filename>Standard.XML</Filename> <SimControls.Map> <Name>KEYBOARD_MAIN</Name> <Entry> <Key>O</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry>I don't understand what all that "classic" stuff is in yours.

If you are running Vista, did you change the correct standard.xml file. It is in something likeC:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\controls

Thanks TJRUSH, I was advised to add the new lines to the Standard.XML in the root FSX because if you change the lines in the user section the change will not stay after shutting down FSX and re-starting. I am going to give Art's suggestion a try and let you know. Bob K.

Here are the entries from mine. It works fine.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Controls" version="1,0" id="Standard"> <Descr>Controls Mapping File</Descr> <Filename>Standard.XML</Filename> <SimControls.Map> <Name>KEYBOARD_MAIN</Name> <Entry> <Key>O</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry>I don't understand what all that "classic" stuff is in yours.
Thanks Art, The "classic" is in my FSX root Standard.XML. The only changes I made start at the first line of"<SimControls.Map>". I'm going to give you entries a try and let you know how it goes. Bob K.

Thanks TJRUSH, I was advised to add the new lines to the Standard.XML in the root FSX because if you change the lines in the user section the change will not stay after shutting down FSX and re-starting. I am going to give Art's suggestion a try and let you know. Bob K.Thanks Art, The "classic" is in my FSX root Standard.XML. The only changes I made start at the first line of"<SimControls.Map>". I'm going to give you entries a try and let you know how it goes. Bob K.
I think Tom is correct. The file in Users is the one that has to be changed. Make backup copies.