Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Major 3D Breakthrough - Maybe MS Bailed To Quickly

Mmm... Actually not. With the "TrackIR method" you do not have parallax effect while moving your head, so the 3D effect is not present in that case. Obviously, even with the "Wii tracker", you still lack the other component necessary to have true 3D (stereoscopic vision), so the 3D effect is indeed not complete.Marco
Prallax or no parallax with TIR's TrueVision extension, as I mentioned, you can poke out from the 3D cockpit and look back at the tail of your plane that you can't see otherwise from inside. If you saw it yourself I don't know what what you would find different in Lee's presentation. I don't find/see anything different but the specific combination of shapes and colors that used to increase 3D effect in some toys in the same manner from the childhood as I remember. ;)Dirk.

Guest Phantoms
OK, I admit I am probably the most technically-inept guy here, but I do know there are many creative and skilled flight simmers on these forums. Is it possible from the you-tube videos to put together this device and try it out on FSX? I guess if this is possible, we could get a clearer picture of how innovative this device might be for the average flight simmer. I know I am interested. Anything that can add more sensation to FSX is welcomed by me.
Is it possible, yes. Practical, no. It would require just about a complete rewrite of FS.What you are seeing in that video is basically Track-IR (or even Free Track for that matter) with software specifically designed to provide a 3-D effect. If you watched the second video, then you noticed his white-board presentation didn't pull off the same effect. It's all in how the software is written to interpret the inputs from the hardware.The software he wrote for the 3-D effect kept track of it's objects in all 3 dimensions with relation to the IR dots on the glasses. This is the same thing TrackIR does and in fact could do the same thing with his software if the interface was coded for TrackIR instead of his WII remote setup. It moves and accelerates the movement of objects (again, in software) at different speeds based on where their 3dimension placement is in his software. This in conjuction with your head moving the same as the IR dots on your glasses (or TrackIR hat) is what pulls off the effect.This could be done in FS if you wanted to totally rewrite it to truly simulate 3 dimensions for every object in the game with 3D movement calculations based on tracking inputs, but would be a major undertaking for such a large piece of software. And again, it wouldn't matter if it was the WII Remote or TrackIR as they both basically do the exact same thing. It's in how the software interprets and displays the objects based off of those inputs that is different.And BTW, this isn't anything new. I saw that video over a year ago.

Have a look at this link over at MyCockpitAre GoldMember and myself mad :( ??? http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15234A simple to construct/build cockpit could be constructed using Flyengravity's Performance line Pedestal bay and MIP desktop http://www.flyengravity.com/Tas PS Have a look at the YouTube Video . Far more interesting than the the ones in previous posts :(

Hi guysJust want to put in my 2 cents.I have a HTC Touch Diamond PDA/phone.Recently I downloaded a program that displays a scene similarto the one in the video, but linked to the phone's G-sensor.The result is vere similar to the video, but only as long as you move the phone.If yoy start the program and just leave the phone on the table, it doesn'tlook 3D at all.Of course, I can't move my head 'behind' the targets.BRGDSSven