Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Skins dissappear

Try setting to the lowest setting and see if that helps.
The lowest setting is 44100 Hz (CD-Quality). I tried this but the problems are the same.

Hi,i have the same problem like doc4711. Using Win7 64bit and the lowest sound quality I can choose is 44100Hz (CD-Quality).Is this not possible with a onboard-soundcard? I

Martin Flecker

Hello guys, I just wanted to make sure you all are checking the correct place. Make sure the settings your checking are that for the "Speaker" and not any other sound device properties that are there. In my case they do not have anything close to 8000hz. Besides it is the speaker setting that is controlling the incoming signal through FSX and not the digital output or the spdif interface.sound.jpgsound_advanced.jpghttp://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/T...ne777/sound.jpghttp://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/T...nd_advanced.jpgThe other thing is that in 99% of all cases (if not all), is that you shouldn't need to set this unless you are running mediocre sound such as processor intensive on board audio. If you have a higher end sound card with it's own sound processor then it should be fine and shouldn't be interupting cycles from your cpu which imo is what may be causing this.I am going to be getting a X-FI Elite Pro in this comp soon and hope to see the issues stay far gone, even with my settings back to 48000hz.It's like Tim, Robert talk about and what Mike (WhiteKnight77) has said on my other post "Having the CPU do audio processing can have adverse affects on games in many different ways."I don't think the audio at 8000hz is a solution, but merely a temporary work around for people that have less than adequate sound processors.Remember also that FSX (and all addons in it's environment) are more processor intensive than normal top shelf graphical games. Newer games allow for deligation of demands. Between PhysX and helpul benefits from things like Crossfire and SLI, we can run any new game at max settings with insanely high fps, but for the issues of FSX, and even with the highest end systems, having something as demanding as audio processing boring down on the CPU will cause hiccups no matter how many cores you have.Hmmm, speaking of cores. One thing you might also try, is if you have a multi core processor is to find your audio .exe process. In my case it is SoundMax.exe. Before launching FSX or addons, set the affinity to not use CPU 0. I have 8 boxes showing (4 cores) so am going to try unchecking CPU 0, CPU 1, CPU 2 & CPU 3.I'll put my sound settings back to 48k hz and run some tests later and see if anything differs. I suspect maybe a little but a dedicated DAC will be the better solution I would think.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Just in case you don't know how to set affinity:Open task manager > Choose the Processes tab > find the process and right click and choose "Set affinity" > uncheck CPU 0This will hold until a reboot and will need to be reset after any reboots.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi,I have bought today SB X-FI XtremeGamer - let's see if this issue will go away.RegardsCzarek

Well, disregard the possible affinity solution. I tested it with the affinity set and put my sound back to 48000 and problems came back.

Dan Prunier

... The other thing is that in 99% of all cases (if not all), is that you shouldn't need to set this unless you are running mediocre sound such as processor intensive on board audio. If you have a higher end sound card with it's own sound processor then it should be fine and shouldn't be interupting cycles from your cpu which imo is what may be causing this.I am going to be getting a X-FI Elite Pro in this comp soon and hope to see the issues stay far gone, even with my settings back to 48000hz....
I hope buying a new soundcard works but I'm afraid you may be disappointed. If you can endure reading through the original thread on this subject (link below), you'll see that the problem can hit people with high-end sound cards as well as on-board cards. It may perhaps have something to do with the particular sound "chip" used by the manufacturer on the card. Nobody seems to know for sure. But my guess, and I think the consensus, is that the problem has to do with some failure of communication between DirectX and the sound card drivers, now that DX no longer supports hardware acceleration for sound natively, rather than a failure on the part of the hardware to "keep up" with the software.The link is here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782But I don't want to discourage you from trying! As I said, nobody really knows: so if you find a soundcard that definitely works at 48kHz then do please let us know. Tim

Guest 413X3

I really wish a solution was found... I suffer through this, bought a new Sound Blaster PCI-E card, still same issues! I have a fast computer and just cannot fly the 747X, my favorite and only airplane I fly

I hope buying a new soundcard works but I'm afraid you may be disappointed. If you can endure reading through the original thread on this subject (link below), you'll see that the problem can hit people with high-end sound cards as well as on-board cards. It may perhaps have something to do with the particular sound "chip" used by the manufacturer on the card. Nobody seems to know for sure. But my guess, and I think the consensus, is that the problem has to do with some failure of communication between DirectX and the sound card drivers, now that DX no longer supports hardware acceleration for sound natively, rather than a failure on the part of the hardware to "keep up" with the software.The link is here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782But I don't want to discourage you from trying! As I said, nobody really knows: so if you find a soundcard that definitely works at 48kHz then do please let us know. Tim
Hmmm, I didn't know that about directX and dropping the sound. As far as the sound card, I already have it in one of my other comps. It's not here at my house at the moment, so next time I am at it I plan on pulling it out just for testing then back in the other it goes :)As I've said before this comp is in need of a format and fresh install so will be at that for the next few hours/day. Need to clear up some aggravating registry errors from old work programs. I also found a new recent bios update for the mb. Then play with my overclock settings, windows, the afternoon spent doing windows updates..... Then FSX and friends all over again. Fun fun. I should be able to throw that card in this comp this weekend and will update whatever I find.

Dan Prunier

I have noticed skeleton and/or total graphics distortion rather only with 747X after ALT-Menu operation; MD11, Level-D 767 was ok. I have bought SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer and switched off mobo soundcard and I have to say after 2 hours of flight with many ALT+Tab and ALT-Menu operations there was no more graphics issues, even during/after replay.PS. Additionally, I use Creative Alchemy with FSX, but I really don't know if it is helpfull for FSX.RegardsCzarek

Hi, i had written in this forum that i have the same problems like the other (disappearing textures, etc..). So i tried many things (graphics slider down, another soundcard, ...) an d i had thought i had fixed the problem. But today I recognized that it was only a fluke:-( As I was 100m inbound LOWW the textures are gone. At the end of the flight, after arrival in LOWW I shut down the engines and activate the "Spotview" I

Martin Flecker

Mower...I saw the graphical skin issue when I had BUFFERPOOLS set too high in my fsx.cfg file.If you don't have a BufferPools/Poolsize entry, then that still doesn't shoot that argument in the foot. In my experience, when you see this type of graphical anomaly in FSX, it points to a video memory/system mem issue, every time I've ever seen it.Take a look at Bufferpools, also SmallPartRejectRadius if you have those in your fsx.cfg file. Both caused wacky graphical anomalies on my rig when set to values out of range for my system to handle.I would not uninstall and reinstall as that probably won't solve it, at least in my experience.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi,i had written in this forum that i have the same problems like the other (disappearing textures, etc..).So i tried many things (graphics slider down, another soundcard, ...) an d i had thought i had fixed the problem. But today I recognized that it was only a fluke:-(As I was 100m inbound LOWW the textures are gone. At the end of the flight, after arrival in LOWW I shut down the engines and activate the "Spotview" I

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG