Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Welcome Back!

After what seems like an eternity for all of us, the forums are back!! Waaa-hooo!!! :( So I will be amongst the first in the Fly! Forum to welcome all of you back Home!Many cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken and all!I'm really glad these guys were able to save all this knowledge. So much of this stuff would just be lost to us if they hadn't.It is so good to be back!Thanks Avsim!God bless,Earl

Guest tycho

yes, here again. nothing lost, it seemsCongratulations!

Guest ben_
yes, here again. nothing lost, it seemsCongratulations!
that is great news - welcome back.

Great! Everything is safe, would have been painful to loose all the great contributions here, and Rich's posts.Cheers to all!Pascal

After what seems like an eternity for all of us, the forums are back!! Waaa-hooo!!! :( So I will be amongst the first in the Fly! Forum to welcome all of you back Home!Many cheers!
Hi All,Absolutely wonderful that AVSIM is back and that the Forums are intact.Thanks to all involved in the rescue. :(

Guest DSandberg

I too am extremely pleased that the website and particularly the forums have been successfully recovered. All of the collected wisdom developed over years of Fly!ing to be found herein would truly be irreplaceable.(For those who have written to me to ask about alternative download sites for InfoMETAR, I'm now inclined to wait and see when and how the file library here comes back. I will certainly re-upload the latest version here if that turns out to be required.)- David Sandberg

I too am extremely pleased that the website and particularly the forums have been successfully recovered. All of the collected wisdom developed over years of Fly!ing to be found herein would truly be irreplaceable.(For those who have written to me to ask about alternative download sites for InfoMETAR, I'm now inclined to wait and see when and how the file library here comes back. I will certainly re-upload the latest version here if that turns out to be required.)- David Sandberg
David, we should have the library back within the next 7 to 10 days. See the front page for more details. Hang in their folks! We are rebuilding this monster one byte at a time. :(

Hey David! Good to see you still "lurk" about! Also good to know there are still people out there interested in infoMetar! Tom, - am totally thrilled the forum is back and we most certainly appear to be 100% in here. Should you need a moderator for the Fly! area, I think I can get my act together and help. I check in here every day - just a matter if I post something or not , or able to answer a posted question. Usually I can think of someone who can get one! :( Of course, my tired, dyslexic fingers tend to mess up - and my keyboard seems to not wish to "backtrack" to correct some errors as of late. :( Many thanks to you and the Team for all they have achieved so far, and to what is yet headed our way!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

I am very pleased to see this great site back in operation! I was getting ready to directly contact some of you to see if we could talk about resurrecting portions of the Fly! file library to which many of us have contributed. If the File Library is successfully resuscitated, then we'll be fine. If not, I believe I still have personal copies of all of the TerraSceneries, navigation updates, etc. that I have uploaded in the past, and would hope that other contributors would be able to help us restock.Right now, I'm hoping for the best! :(

Randall Rocke

Right now, I'm hoping for the best! :(
Good to see you about, Randall! From the last post, looks quite promising for the Fly! Sections to still be about. But if not, I've got my stuff, plus a go from Rob Y. to upload what I have from the original Fly! stuff, namely his V88 plane files. ;-)Hoping Jean Sabatier still has his TerraScene sceneries, but if not, I hope he will permit me to upload what he had (such as his wonderful Arizona sceneries - for Fly! original I believe it was - would have to look again). I'm standing by in hopes of hearing from others (like D. Bishop) about the Hawaii sceneries, etc. But am quite confident we won't have to go quite that far. :( Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️